2006 max iv stick travel adjust?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 max iv stick travel adjust?

2006 max iv stick travel adjust?

Hello, I have a low time max iv 950. I. Put a suspension seat in it but now I would like to reduce stick travel so I don't need to push so far forward. Is that possible easily?

Thank you,
    BC

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by reducing the travel, but without messing up the T-20 adjustments, your best plan would be to increase the distance between the pivot point on the sticks and where the rods attach. There is quite a bit of slop in the stock mechanizm, and that wont change. There are ways to reduce the slop though....pivots on the t-20/"U" channels, and heim joints on the linkage rods, but that is much more complicated.

The proper travel of the sticks on a MAX IV is6.5-7 inches measured at the top. If you go much tighter the bands won't release fully and can overheat. Stick position is adjustable under the front floor. I like my sticks closer to the dash than stock which is usually around 5 inches.

+ Reply to Thread