Worklights - I can't see!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worklights - I can't see!

Worklights - I can't see!

One of the most frustrating things has to be not being able to see what you're doing . I busted my fluorescent work lamp today and need a replacement light. I like the brightness of halogens, but the bulbs tend to blow real easy and they get real hot. The cheap $10-$20 hanging fluorescent lights I usually get put out decent light but always tend to swing in the wrong direction and end up blinding me. I've been looking at LED's, but don't think I'll be happy with the lack of lumens.
    Any recommendations for something that will be really bright and be able to stay put in whatever position I put it in? Corded or cordless doesn't matter.

The cheap old incandescent seem to work best for me for a work light.

Forget the incandescent, I forgot these dummies are banning them.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    The older I get the more light I need.
    I use the 110v Harbor Freight fluorescents and their Rechargeable 24 LED Work Light.
    I found the trick with corded lights is to run the cord out of the top of the light by the hanger, they have it exiting at the bottom of the unit.
    That way the droopy cord doesn't influence how the light hangs.
    Take the lamp apart, re-drill a new cord hole for the strain relief grommet at the top, or just wire tie the cord up the side to the hook area.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Got a led rechargable from summit racing recently, really like it. No cord, no heat and bright.

The incandescent bulb phase out was passed under George Bush. It wasn't controversial then.

With LEDs, we can now make more light than heat for the first time in history.

I like the LEDs. They have them with a magnet, clamp, hanger ect. And if you get the right one it is brighter than any incadecent or florecant light out there. Rechargeables last for ever due to the LEDs not needing as much power to run.

Quote Originally Posted by phabib View Post
    The incandescent bulb phase out was passed under George Bush. It wasn't controversial then.

With LEDs, we can now make more light than heat for the first time in history.
    I'm a big believer in LEDs, there are just some things the old bulbs are good at. I will really miss them in my old refrigerator that I keep my welding rods and anything else I want to keep dry stored in. Light and heat is what the Doctor ordered there. A 40 watt bulb is plenty. Will have to find a substitute for when my hoard runs out.

Grip-on-tools 37225 6 Led Pocket Light by Grip-on-tools | Toolfetch
    THIS BY FAR IS THE BEST LIGHT FOR WORKING ON YOUR AATV.

+ Reply to Thread