Rusty,

I was wondering about that. I was born and raised here, but I still like maple better than birch and we live in birch country. Birch syrup is more expensive too.

We kinda got off topic here. A guy could definitely use his Max to work the syrup trade. I think a trailer with a bulk tank pulled behind the Max would work the best. The guys who work birch syrup carry a 100 gallon bulk tank (probably about 800lbs full) in the bed of their rangers. They empty the collection buckets into the bulk tank. IMO that wouldn't be a good idea in a Max. It takes you pretty close to the maximum load rating and would be very hard on bearings and axles. However, a good trailer with a walking beam axle and rated for 1600 lbs should have no problem with that kind of load.

If you are just working a small personal syrup operation where you don't have to haul those kind of volumes, perhaps you could get by with a 50gal or 30gal bulk tank. That would probably be alright in the back seat of a Max IV or the bed of a Buffalo. I think there is weight limit on the cargo area of a Max II though. The trailer idea would work well for any machine.