Cross reference drive belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cross reference drive belt

Let me check when I get home tonight, I think I have one I bought by mistake for my max IV. If I do have it you can have it for the cost of shipping. I'm also in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    Let me check when I get home tonight, I think I have one I bought by mistake for my max IV. If I do have it you can have it for the cost of shipping. I'm also in Ontario.
    I just went through my old posts and found the belt number, its a 1092M3 Dayco Ultramax belt.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...tml#post199521

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    Please note, I have spoken with a MAX technician and he states that while the specs call for 1 3/16" width, most belts shipped are undersized, closer 1 2/16"
    I've had great luck with buying the 1-1/4" wide belts. It lets them ride higher on the secondary giving more low end. I always ditch the stock rubber motor mounts and add unistrut to get better adjustment and performance too. This gives more choices for length as an added benefit.

I like that unistrut idea. Seems like it would make belt adjustment and replacement so much easier. So no rubber mounts at all, just unistrut to frame and then motor bracket to unistrut? Do you run 2 struts or 4?

I'm running a 40 horse big block Kohler in mine so it just won't be the same......
    Using 2 with the stock motor mount plate would be the simplest set up, but I think there's a reason it doesn't slide right in. My memory is failing here, but thinking of how the frame is and how things fit in there you may be better off putting 2 struts side-side perhaps even with a spacer between them and the frame. Then bolt the engine to 2 struts running forward-back. I also like using square washers.

So my Max II I just bought has a dayco max 1080 belt, wrong size? It’s 46-3/16” long!

Quote Originally Posted by tman52748 View Post
    So my Max II I just bought has a dayco max 1080 belt, wrong size? It’s 46-3/16” long!
    According to previous posts you have the wrong belt. Dayco HP3003 as stated on the 1st page of this thread seems to be what you want.

What troubles me is the belt I have is longer and it already seems to be trying to advance forward, so a shorter belt will be worse. Guess I need to look at clutches and see what’s up.

Any other ideas for this newbie?
    Last edited by tman52748; 01-08-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Not sure what is going on with your machine, but keep in mind the driver and the driven clutch on these need periodic maintenance (lubrication). The Dayco HP3003 is the correct belt for my 1995 MaxII with 14hp Kohler, so I would think it should fit yours. I got it for $29.99 free shipping. I would check all the components and make sure they are opening and closing properly. Also make sure the belt has the right tension. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tman52748 View Post
    What troubles me is the belt I have is longer and it already seems to be trying to advance forward, so a shorter belt will be worse. Guess I need to look at clutches and see what’s up.

Any other ideas for this newbie?
    Check your idle, get it 900-1000 rpm.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread