Max Rubber Motor Mount

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Rubber Motor Mount

Max Rubber Motor Mount

Looking for alternatives for rubber motor mounts.

I got mine from McMaster Carr. Same style but a lot heavier duty and bigger diameter. They’re almost like having a solid mount.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Buffaloes have solid in all mine, came that way.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

My Max IV is literally ripping the motor mount apart. I was thinking it was the lack of rubber motor mounts. Might just be weak old steal.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    I got mine from McMaster Carr. Same style but a lot heavier duty and bigger diameter. They’re almost like having a solid mount.
    Which ones did you go with?

I'm no Iv guy but once you pick your mounts you may want to reweld and build up your mount, I'm quickly
    Learning they all crack and snap.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I thought it was good but it might have found some weak spots at Busco.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Which ones did you go with?
    Vibration dampening sandwich mounts. 3/8” stud. Heaviest ones in 3/8” part # 9213K74 At 2 1/2” wide they make a nice base to shim your engine up. A lot easier than shimming the engine itself.
    Last edited by tbone9; 05-30-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I bought the same mount in 2015 and I dont like them, It seems like I have a lot of defection on my 18 B&S engine when I start to pull power. it seems like the engine will have an easy 1/2 inch deflection which greatly loosens my belt. might be normal but It just seems excessive. Just my .02 cents. I have aprox 44 hrs on the machine since I installed them

To me it seems the larger DIA of the mount allows more defection due to the increase amount of rubber on the mount compared to the smaller stock ones, I asked the same question a year or so ago on another board and some very talented guys who have spent serious coin building and designing springers said the stock are fine and all they use..I have not had time to replace mine yet.
    Last edited by garretttpe; 06-06-2019 at 04:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread