Argo Insurance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Insurance

Argo Insurance

Hi gents, I am in Ontario Canada and looking to redo my home and auto insurance and it appears that not everyone will insurance an amphibious vehicle. Curious as to your experiences:
    Do you insure your Argo?
    What companies in Ontario are friendly to Argos?

Thanks for your help.

After searching quite a bit, I finally found a Progressive agent that would insure my Argo. The main company wouldn't, but this particular agent did. I am in New Hampshire but the company is Progressive Northern Insurance company

im in Ontario as well pike.TD insurance will insure your argo.just ask about the "marine clause".your argo will be insured but not for any mishaps on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    After searching quite a bit, I finally found a Progressive agent that would insure my Argo. The main company wouldn't, but this particular agent did. I am in New Hampshire but the company is Progressive Northern Insurance company
    I use Progressive also...they insure it as an ATV

Thanks guys, I am currently with the Personal, Co-operators is hungry for my business, but I will give TD a call for a competitive quote. BTW CAA wont touch the Argo which I found surprising. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Thanks guys, I am currently with the Personal, Co-operators is hungry for my business, but I will give TD a call for a competitive quote. BTW CAA wont touch the Argo which I found surprising. Thanks again.
    I insure mine with The Personal but it is not covered for loss on the water

Progressive insured my Avenger when I went through the ice... Long story, but lesson learned - don't pull the winch line out past the red warning paint....

Hey, I purchased the one looking like a stink bug. One question, how did you trailer her with the sides attached or did you have an enclosed trailer?. We went fishing this last summer numerous times (with the top removed) and now it is time for ice fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011750hdi View Post
    Hey, I purchased the one looking like a stink bug. One question, how did you trailer her with the sides attached or did you have an enclosed trailer?. We went fishing this last summer numerous times (with the top removed) and now it is time for ice fishing.
    How is this insurance related? You should start your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    im in Ontario as well pike.TD insurance will insure your argo.just ask about the "marine clause".your argo will be insured but not for any mishaps on the water.
    I just changed insurance providers, and saw the marine clause. I called my broker and had it removed with no issues.

UPDATE - never mind.. From my broker this morning - "Unfortunately Intact is not interested in covering vehicles that are damaged while in or upon water.. even if the vehicle designed for use on water as well as land. Intact would not remove the exclusion…Therefore I’m sorry to say that if you do use the vehicle on water or in water intact will not provide coverage if there are damages from being used on or in water."
    Last edited by glen1971; 01-30-2020 at 02:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread