Hustler 980 Bigfoot pics

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hustler 980 Bigfoot pics

Hustler 980 Bigfoot pics

Hey guys, been watching this forum for a month now, I bought a Hustler (my first 6x6) and got everything goin on it. I wanted to say thanks for all the info I've learned. I'm sure I'll be asking some repair questions in the future, I live in Missouri and am taking it down to Texas on a hog hunt this weekend. It has original 26" goodyears, the Briggs motor, t-20 and a BIG HEAVY rollcage which I'm not sure I like. It seems too heavy but it looks mean! I've ran this thing pretty hard and the cage doesn't seem to affect it, but it is an anchor in water. I'm starting to like this 6x6 stuff! my buddy has a 97 argo and we have been running a little bit. I've never seen a hustler here in Missouri till this one. I'll see if I can get these pics up.
    Attached Images

Matt ,

Thanks for posting the pictures of your Hustler Bigfoot. I had a forum member pick up a Bigfoot for me two weeks ago , but it did not have a roll cage on it , just a round steel tube bumper on the front . Great looking machine though . Look on Utube , and type in Hustler 6x6 ,and you,ll find lots of Hustler video,s to look at .

Hey Matt, great looking Hustler. That cage is wild. It definitely gives your Hustler a mean stance. Thanks for posting.

That is one mean looking machine! Congrats on the purchase.

Welcome to the site! Seems like everyone has a Bigfoot now! IMO, the Hustler Bigfoot has the potential to be the most capable 6-wheeler in existence. My reasoning is that you can fit VERY large (both tall and wide) tires underneath it. If you are careful about not adding weight and maybe eliminate some, you can get your exerted psi very low. Plus the Hustlers are built pretty tough, and you just feel cool sitting in that 980!

As far as the rollcage, extra weight is always bad in the tough mud...but in reality, you will probably not find anything you can't handle with regular hunting travel. The mud parks are another story...every pound of weight and inch of tire width counts. So, you'll just need to figure out which type of driving you will be doing. Maybe remove the cage when hunting season is over??

As far as tires.....IMO, Vampires all the way. You can fit 26x13-12 tires on that 980 easily. They rock in the mud and swim good enough.

Congratulations on a nice machine! BTW, 6x6world member Mudbug and I ride in East Texas if you ever want to come down. And WildTexasRanger is planning a get together in November in East Tx??
    Hammers should have warning labels.

tires

Matt, you have your goodyears on backwards. if you reverse them with the V'S facing back ward your water speed will pick up tremendously! If the front of the vehicle is to the left the v's should face >>> like that! You have them on <<<. This is not good for swimming!

Thanks for all the replies fellas. MightymaxIV, you are absolutely right on the tires. I don't know much about 6x6's, but as soon as I bought it I told the previous owner he had the tires on backwards. He said he had been running them the whole time! I haven't changed them cause they're a little cracked and dryed out. Nice tread left just old. I'm going to take Boncrshr's advice. I've been wondering about the best tire size, and I like the sound of these Vampires 26-13-12. Where can I get them at? Also, I'll be in Clarksville TX. this weekend hog huntin. I go down a few times a year. Is that near where you ride? I am going to custom that rollcage somehow, I have a few ideas to make it lighter. I plan on just trails and some mud, but mostly huntin'. thanks for all the advice.

Vampires

Matt, here is a link for Vampires, this is the best price I have seen with postage paid. The vampires that will sit on the rims you have are the 26x12x12. You could probably put a 27" tire on your machine but there might be clearance problems and bigger tires are harder to turn and that is not always good with six of them! If you want to go to 13' wide vampires you have to go to 9" rims and that is just more money! A 26" vampire at 3 1/2 psi will sit 26" tall on your rims. If you bring the pressure down to 2psi they will sit 25 inches tall. I live in Savannah Georgia so I wouldn't be getting down your way any time soon.

Interco Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Thanks for all the replies fellas. MightymaxIV, you are absolutely right on the tires. I don't know much about 6x6's, but as soon as I bought it I told the previous owner he had the tires on backwards. He said he had been running them the whole time! I haven't changed them cause they're a little cracked and dryed out. Nice tread left just old. I'm going to take Boncrshr's advice. I've been wondering about the best tire size, and I like the sound of these Vampires 26-13-12. Where can I get them at? Also, I'll be in Clarksville TX. this weekend hog huntin. I go down a few times a year. Is that near where you ride? I am going to custom that rollcage somehow, I have a few ideas to make it lighter. I plan on just trails and some mud, but mostly huntin'. thanks for all the advice.
    all you have to do is take the right side tires and put them on the left . you do not have to break them down robbie .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    all you have to do is take the right side tires and put them on the left . you do not have to break them down robbie .
    Thanks Robbie, I was going to tell him the same thing!

+ Reply to Thread