Max iv split shift

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max iv split shift

Max iv split shift

So im new here, just picked up my first 6x6, its a 96 max iv, seems to be shifting terrible and popping into neutral or not engaging all the way?? And also seems reverse only works on the left lateral, havent got a change to tear into it much but im going to unhook the linkage at diamond shifter plates and try to shift by hand and eliminate the linkage that is bent mid way in the belly pan, but anyways my main question is has anyone ever used shifter cables from like a aftermarket automatic trans shifter like b and m? Ive been pondering to use to cables to make my own split shift and eliminate manual linkage, my only concern is how much force does it actualy take to get the t20 to shift?

The T-20 shifts between F-N-R quite easily and I see no reason that control cables could not be used. Have even considered it myself. My only reservations were the $$ of the cables.

I've split shift a few Max IV's now. Its very easy and you can buy all the steel at Homedepot to do it and look almost factory for under $100.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    The T-20 shifts between F-N-R quite easily and I see no reason that control cables could not be used. Have even considered it myself. My only reservations were the $$ of the cables.
    I figured 30 to 40 bux per cable

I was surfing eBay for boat control cables for my wife's 960hk and they were between 25 and 60 or so depending what you got. Then they had the 150 and much more expensive that look the same just jacked up price.
    DanW

+ Reply to Thread