2008 avenger with tracks in snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2008 avenger with tracks in snow

2008 avenger with tracks in snow

Hi i have a 2008 avenger with 18" rubber tracks was wondering if can use high gear in snow (on flat even terrain) or just stick to low gear. 3.3 trans.Most write ups are about hdi's. Thanks
    Last edited by Skirdu; 11-17-2020 at 10:34 PM.

You should absolutely use high range on the flats especially if you have the 3.3 gear set. You have a gen 2 classic tranny and it is not an issue. You just don't want to over work your belt by using high range in the steep and deep stuff. I use high range all the time on the flat stuff in my conquest with a 3.3 gears and 22" Chanel tracks (heavy). I always carry a spare belt in all my machines as you should, but have never had one break.

I run an '07 with tracks on about 98% of the time and the few times I've been in the snow has been in high range with no issues.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Im new to argos as of this year. Will be using it for cabin winter access for me and familiy. At least thats the plan. Plan to carry lots of spares.
    Do either of you run tuners?
    Ive set up the tires and track seemed to be going fine on dirt with no issues.

Yes. I run tuners on the center 4 wheels. I am running an elevated belt type (Chanel) track.

+ Reply to Thread