Max IV can't remove lever & offset steering?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV can't remove lever & offset steering?

Max IV can't remove lever & offset steering?

I'm new to these weird 6 wheeled things, I have my Max IV apart for restoration and I have a question.

Should the steering levers slide off of the bar that they are attached to?

The left side of bar, that the steering levers pivot on, has a plate welded to it, the right side plate is not welded to the bar. The left steering lever is free and moves easily back and fourth on the pivot bar, but the right steering lever is stuck solid. Should the right steering lever also moves back and fourth on the pivot bar? If it is suppose to move I'll use a bigger hammer.

Can any one directly me to any posts or pictures of Max IV off set steering mods I've used search, but maybe I using the wrong wording.
    Thanks
    I may look slow but....

Info

After a disasterous job while trying to demonstrate my Max IV I was trying to sell, I was having trouble steering it. When I took the sticks off to inspect them. I found the same stick that you are talking about frozen on the shaft. After one can of PB Blaster, a torch for heat, and a BIG hammer I got it off. I then sanded it completely down, the shaft, until it was smooth to the touch. I then sanded the insides of both sticks, smooth and clean. When I re-assembled them I put a good coat of NEVER SEIZE on the shaft and inside the control sticks. Once I put them back onto the Max, man what a difference. I had gained the spring control in the sticks, something that was never there when I purchased it. Hope this will help you out.

+ Reply to Thread