buy new or keep old

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: buy new or keep old

buy new or keep old

question for everyone ..I own a 2004 bigfoot with top windshield hdi bearing upgrade new style handlebar steering new style thicker seat front and rear winches and Adair tracks I was thinking of upgrading to a newer frontier 6x6 or 8x8 is it really worth the coin ? I do like the efi but dont like not having a back up recoil . I trail ride and plow and haul wood with the machine.. I guess my biggest concern Is that Argo no longer has parts for the old style tranny.

I had a 2000 bigfoot. I purchased a 2017 frontier 6x6 st (admiral tranny). I thought i was happy with the bigfoot until i went to the dealer and drove a admiral tranny machine. No more drive chains to adjust. no cooling fan noise. no low gear whine and no feel of power loss when you are turning. front and rear bearing extensions and so far...no more water leaks. The ride is smoother i think due to the argo tires and the wheel base is longer. this means you will have to purchase track links to fit your old tracks.
    2500 hours on the bigfoot and i never had a tranny issue. only you can justify the purchase of a new machine. i am very happy with mine.

thats some hours on your machine back in 2009 to about 2014 a friend of mine took on the Argo line I was his mechanic for these machines , I saw good points and bad points with the new ones . My biggest problem with my old one I have upgraded so much new style frontier parts into it I have invested way too much coin . I even tried to swap in a newer gen 2 tranny and kohler efi motor in it but realized is it really worth it. I do know the newer machines the body is not as thick as they used to be and the Admiral when it first arrived was a headache to work on but I do see they got rid of the counter rotation in low range. Im really thinking of buying the 8x8 frontier .

+ Reply to Thread