HEAT!!! (in line heater core)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HEAT!!! (in line heater core)

HEAT!!! (in line heater core)

thinking about ways to heat a conquest.. anyone ever tried putting a heater core on the return rad line and hooking up a small fan with ducting to heat the passenger compartment?? was just looking around here tonite on the princess auto webpage and couldnt find and heater cores.. if anyone knows where to buy and how much could ya point me in the right direction. i cant see a small care being anymore than 150 bucks and fan and ducting would probably run about 70 thanks

I would go to the local junk yard and pick one up there. probably get one real cheap that way.

I think what your looking for is called tractor cab heaters.better off with a cataloge,there website not very usefull!
    You never know till you try it

I have put heaters in a lot of equipment over the years. It's pretty simple once you know where you want to mount the unit and how you want to run your hoses to and from. Remember to add additional coolant to the cooling system to allow for the heater core capacity. Here is a source on line for small self contained core/blower units.

Hydronic Heating–AUX. AUTOMOTIVE

Max 6 Wheel Drive

a good buddy of mine found one that this company in seattle makes they are an after market heater and duel blower three speed all in one heater I dont rember the email address they are real small and work real well they will blow you out of the cab and then i lined the eng carparment with that inslated heat sheld and it works real good now and runs much quiter to boot i thought maby this last summer that i might have an over heating prob but at 100 in the shade and it got up to oprating temp quick and held there did not over heat at all

thanks everyone.. argohunter i think thats exactly what i was looking for.. a self contained heating unit.. they dont look all that bad either

thanks alaskacody. that one even has the choice of louvers. im gonna run out to the automotive store on monday and see if they cant bring something like that in for me. maybe even have one in stock.

you might also look at Red Dot heaters very simple just ideal for your application. We have used them on boats for years

I used a fan out of a computer tower and made a box out of tin and a shop vac attachment to blow hot air on the windshield from the engine compartment. The fan does not blow very hard but it works.

+ Reply to Thread