Bushwacker II BWII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushwacker II BWII

Thumbs up Larry W

That has got to be one of the best amphibs I have seen, whether home grown or factory it is the best!!! So many features and storage!! Everything looks so thought out and functional! Great craftsmanship!!

That is one great looking AATV. You did a super job. I checked out all the pic's in your gallery,very impressive. I'd love to see it in person. Got any video's of it in action? Is that big block Briggs governed? You're one hell of a craftsmen. Everything looks first class. That would sure look good on our Air Bud wall.

Whipper
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 01-23-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Wow, thanks for the compliments Larry/Whipper, but I have to say Whipper that your workmanship is King in my books. The 31 hp. big block is currently governed, even though I love speed, BWII is geared for maximum torque. Torque is a great fault finder as both of my front axles found out. I sheared them like candy canes, and also took out a cast bearing housing, along with plenty of connector links! I then divided the power to the front and middle axles to tame it down and installed 4340 HT and stress relieved alloy steel jack shafts because the T-20 was twisting the splines like a barbers pole! Those T-20's are tough. I still have a few bugs that I'm working out, but it sure is fun driving it. I will post some of my early testing videos that everyone should find interesting soon. I also hope to make the famous wall, maybe BWII will see some air in the near future.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Bw6 View Post
    BC, Your right, and I found one of those bigger holes! Nothing is unstoppable. On my first 5 hour ride, I came to a mean ole hole that always stopped everyone, I was doing great almost through it when for some reason instead of going straight I veered to the right, now I was sideways between two 2 foot deep ruts of sold mud. My pride was crushed for a few seconds, but after some shovel time, and a winch pull I was back on the trail with a smile on my face.
    Getting stuck is all part of our game, I had to pull a winchline for one of the tracked swamp buggies... once. Thats why we have winches. If you're floating all the time it gets boring, if you just drive right through EVERYTHING - well that's no fun either, you might as well be on dry ground, I mean - if you're not going into places where you CAN get stuck then you're not using an amphib for it's intended purpose - right? It's the CHANCE that we will get stuck that makes the challenge for us. I'm not saying that I go out with the intention of sticking my machine, but the surest way to not get stuck is to stay home, and THAT's no fun for sure.

BC, couldn't have said it better, right on.

15" Ground Clearance

Here is an early video of BWII demonstrating its 15" ground clearance. I found myself looking for large objects to drive over, instead of the usual trying to avoid them, or align them just right, to avoid being high centered. I can tell you ground clearance is king!

Very nice build!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks, JP, whats the news on your wankel engine?

Bushwacker II Early Testing Handling and Speed

Here is another one of some early testing, checking out handling and speed.

One thing for sure, you'll never be hard to pick out of a crowd. Must be nice to be able to build your dreams. I like the bed.. always dry, never have to set up a tent or find a flat dry spot.

+ Reply to Thread