Bushwacker II BWII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bushwacker II BWII

Hey Roger, howsit going? I always enjoy watching your videos, you seem to make your 8x8 do almost impossible things! Well BWII is different, I always try to do something that no one else has done (for better or worse). I will post a video of the bed set up later on. I can't deny it is a good feeling having created something out of your thoughts. But I hope the best is yet to come! Thanks Roger for your interest.

Man, that thing will move! Seeing you driving it in that video really puts it into perspective just how big and fast it is. It looks pretty comfortable with that suspension bench seat too. I want to see some footage of you in the water.

Man, I like that thing. I just keep watching the vids over and over. Would love to tackle a build like that someday when I have more free time.

Mike/RD, I have some water vids coming and others coming up. Mike your right pics never did it for me. RD, I think if you designed/built an AATV it would be fantastic machine. With all your offroad experience up there in the far north, it would be one mean, reliable, practical machine. With all the big money and those gold nuggets (+$1.000/oz.) up there you should have a good stash for early retirement, LOL.

Larry this is a reply to your comments in the Bushwacker II gallery. I tried to post it there, but the Galleries are down for maintenance, so I need to do a copy/paste, sorry I didn't have a quote to go along with your post.

Thanks Again Larry, Let me tell you a short story. I've have invented a "new bearing" and a "new axle design" for AATV's. I got sick of the poor performance people were getting out of their bearings. Some Argo's needed bearings replaced at 150 hours! My friend is an Argo Dealer so I got to see many low hour machines needing their bearings replaced, especially the outside ones. Also the seals would wear out the axle and also leak pretty badly even after 50 hours. So I thought there must be another way. So I designed a bearing, have them in BWII, and have one on a bearing test rig that has over 500 hours on it, and still running 24 hours/day under load, with no apparent wear!!! I think this bearing will last a lifetime! Same thing for my new axle design very innovative, nothing on the market like it.

Well Larry, my friend the Argo dealer has seen the bearing and was very excited about it. He said I should either sell or license it to Argo (only 1 hr. from Argo factory). I said sure, so he made an appointment with their top guy and Cam and I had a meeting with him and I showed him the products. I also had him sign a "non disclosure" agreement before I would allow him to see the products, which he reluctantly did. When I showed him the products you could see him light up. You could tell he was very interested, (couldn't put the bearing down), but in the end said I was 2 years too late. He said this because of all the money (hundreds of thousands) they put into the HDi machine, they couldn't use my products. At the time the HDi was still a secret, so I didn't know what their bearing/axle setup looked like. Now having seen a HDi closeup, I know why his eyes light up, my products are way superior to the HDi. Larry I think all these guys have the same attitude, "It ain't invented here", so they are not interested, after all they are paying for a whole engineering department to come up new interesting products!

This was supposed to be a short story, Larry, sorry for dragging it out.

Bushwacker II Early Testing Hill Climb

First Gearing/Torque test. Hill was pretty steep, climbed just above idle. A lot of chain popping

Chain's popping, but that's how you find the bugs. It's nice that you're not afraid to show it.

Bridget

MC, right on. Anyone who does R&D has to go through the process, nothing to hide really.

Hey BW,
    If Argo doesn't want the bearings and axles that you have designed, then I am sure there are hundreds of us owners who definetly are. I have seen your work and the BWII first hand, and thankfully if you start marketing them I am only an hour away.
    Keep up the great work.
    Cheers,
    Al

If argo dont want it, Maybe you should talk to Matt O, or recreatives?

Great video, sounds like you got in trouble doing donuts in the driveway though, lol.

Thanks for sharing!

+ Reply to Thread