Coots anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coots anyone?

Coots anyone?

Any coot people around?

I've got one. Its a pretty neat machine, its a 4wd four wheel steer model. Its low geared and has an 18 HP B&S, which makes for a nice package. The ride is bone jarring and its like steering a cruise ship.

I put a steering quickener on my machine and installed it reverse wise to make a steering slower device out of it, which really helped the steering effort greatly. Been considering getting an after market utv power steering unit and slapping it in there too, just haven't got around to it yet.

Coots are neat machines and tough as an anvil.

I bought a 2ws coot project last year along with 2 spare front steering knuckles to convert it to 4ws. I have the rear axles cut and machined and the knuckles installed, but ran out of steam on the project. Need to get back on it one of these days. Plan to install a Kohler 18 Command when I finally get there.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Is there a kit that you can get to convert to 4ws? And are the knuckles a match to anything else or just coot? Ive got a coot spotted trying to get one, but its not a 4ws

Have you got the green one w/ the purple quickner ive seen on you tube?

Yep. That's mine, its been painted black since that video, but the steering was very much improved.

One of the forum members on Coot world has a kit to convert to 4ws.

This thread is useless without pics LOL
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

I've had a few of them, presently have a 4WS, 18HP Vanguard, winch, propeller outdrive, they will go anywhere. Here is a pic, an older pic, I'll have to take a new pic that shows the winch and new steering wheel.

Coop
    Attached Images

Here the gentleman's contact info from Cootworld, he is the person that has a kit to convert a 2ws unit to a 4ws unit.

Contact "Tim Pelletier" <jenara@sacoriver.net>,

Thank you, ill see if I can get ahold of him, I never have much luck seeing anything on coot world?, but ill try again... I like your tires you have on your coot pretty cool looking machine, looking forward to getting one

+ Reply to Thread