catigator

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: catigator

catigator

Hi, I am new to this. I am working on a catigator 8x8 I recieved for free with good running rotax 399cc engine And a Argo gear box. Currently getting it ready to through some paint on it. undecided on color, Its ether going to be blue and white or like all my friends want me to do camo. It has a steel hull and that is a good thing. pics to come soon.

Smile Catagator

Yes please! We love pics. Welcome to the site.

Here's some pix of my Catagator.

Love the camo

Hello, I have a couple pics. one of when I got it home. And other of it taken aprt for paint and wheel bering pack.Ok, how do I add pics.lol. I dont have pics at a url...HTTP/: my computer.lol

Try this thread. It should help: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/chit-...-pictures.html

Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing some pictures of your Catigator.

Catigator or bust

Well I will post pics tonite. at work now. I am looking forword to getting mine up and running soon. I dont know what size chain is needed for the drive system. Got none with it to use for sizing up.

Quote Originally Posted by kd7alt View Post
    Well I will post pics tonite. at work now. I am looking forword to getting mine up and running soon. I dont know what size chain is needed for the drive system. Got none with it to use for sizing up.
    It should be #50 Chain.

more questions.

Like I have mentioned before, I have a rotax 399cc air cooled engine. I found a liquid cooled 500cc for $200 and it runs. My thing is, it will be easyer to keep it cool in summer here and give me the advantage of heat in winter. What size engine is in your catigator, And what do I do with the old clutching and breaking system?. any value to some one els?. I originally wanted to do a hydrostatic drive system, But I had the argo trans staring me in the face.lol

73's de kd7alt

Quote Originally Posted by kd7alt View Post
    Like I have mentioned before, I have a rotax 399cc air cooled engine. I found a liquid cooled 500cc for $200 and it runs. My thing is, it will be easyer to keep it cool in summer here and give me the advantage of heat in winter. What size engine is in your catigator, And what do I do with the old clutching and breaking system?. any value to some one els?. I originally wanted to do a hydrostatic drive system, But I had the argo trans staring me in the face.lol

73's de kd7alt
    My Cat has the original engine and clutch system. I do have a Kohler Command 20hp for it, but the original Kohler K662 still runs. I'll replace it when it fails. No parts our available for the K662 anymore.

I would hold on to the parts. You never know when someone will need parts for a Catagator.

Cats meow

Well its a good thing I am repacking wheel bearings in my cat. I found one set thet was a ball of rust. I managed to find a supplyer for the temken 44600L bearings. I orderd a set of four so I have extras. Got a good deal on them to. Cleaned up and flushed the Argo transmition, added lucas oil to it as well. Still in paint prosses and drive chain assembly. Its a work in progress, But fun.

73"s de kd7alt

+ Reply to Thread