2000 Max IV 6x6 Rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Max IV 6x6 Rebuild

2000 Max IV 6x6 Rebuild

Last night four of my friends helped me lift the frame with the transmission mounted in it off the work bench and into the Tub! Soon the axles will be in! This has been one of the biggest projects for me to date. The restoration is a work of perfection. Many of you guys helped me along the way, and I just wanted to say thanks! The T-20 was rebuilt, all the axle bearings replaced, T-20 frame reinforced, full size battery relocation, and so much more. Back to work!
    Last edited by Mike; 08-21-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: changed title from "5:00 am and working"

It's a big project doing that stuff. Good Job and keep up the good work.

You don't know how big a project is until you tear it all the way down. Then you start looking at all the ways you could make changes and the parts that need replaced. In the end its always worth it.

So true, I have enjoyed the project very much. Can't wait to finish it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    You don't know how big a project is until you tear it all the way down. Then you start looking at all the ways you could make changes and the parts that need replaced. In the end its always worth it.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Sounds good to me!

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 12:30 PM.

It's alive, its alive

I started work on the Max this morning at 4:30am. I finished up installing the brakes, engine, wire's and started it up!!!!!!! Just waiting on the throttle cable and a test drive. Its time for a Beer.

It's ALIVE, it's ALIVE!!!!!

My 2000 Max IV 6x6 is ALIVE. After two months and just over 125 hours the restoration is almost complete. I just need to paint the wheels and make up a roll cage with seat belts. I took every nut and bolt off the Max and cleaned it up. I rebuilt the T-20, replaces the chains, bearings, rear sprockets, engine, cables, reinforced the frame at the tranny, added an oil cooler and oil pressure light, power point, full size battery, and moved the front seat back 4-inches. Almost done!

This morning I took it around the block, and it ran perfect. I took a few pictures and later in the day I will post them. If I was not working today, I think that I would pull up a lawn chair and sit and look at it all day!

+ Reply to Thread