Amphi-Pain-in-the-@$$

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Amphi-Pain-in-the-@$$

Paint down new pics up in gallery. Start mechanicals as time allows, have to help friend put up steel building this week so might be a couple weeks till I get all mechanicals back in it.
    Watch where that lands, I might need it later.

What a huge difference, you have done allot of hard work
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

wow, amazing ! Ton of work you've done !looks great, I gotta admit.. when i saw the first pics, i thought " theres no way you're bringing that one back" i have a few questions: How did you fabricate the missing peices ? What did you paint it with ? Wont paint peel from "body flex" ?
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

I used flat ABS and a heat gun and soldering iron to fix it. Regular tremclad rust paint, its high in acetone so it sticks to almost anything. The trick is to get it thick enough to flex but not so much that it runs, Automotive painter. BTW whole crap load more pics on Amphicat Project - DIY Go Kart Forum I'll get around to uploading them here as time allows.

OK took over hour but gallery is now up to date.

PROBLEM, 2 good tires 2 barely hold air and 4 complete junk. 19.5 x 11 chevrons are hard to get and I don't have the money to buy new ones with rims and adapters and shipping. Anyone ever use turf tires?

Would these work? $38.99 - D930 22x11.00-8 tires | Buy D930 tires at SimpleTire I would still have to get rims and make some adapter plates but a hell of a lot better then almost 200 bucks each tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Felineman View Post
    Would these work? $38.99 - D930 22x11.00-8 tires | Buy D930 tires at SimpleTire I would still have to get rims and make some adapter plates but a hell of a lot better then almost 200 bucks each tire.

Check out this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...s-37-99-a.html

TY, I'm not gonna do any swimming, tires will always be on ground so I think these may work.

OK next question, I know I need a 8 inch rim but how wide? Princess Auto has 8x7 cheap but can I use a 8x7 with a 11 inch wide tire? these are 4 ply so soft sidewalls. All these numbers are very confusing. Or can I use old lawnmower rims provided they are 8 inch by whatever I need for the width. I can make my own adapter plates easy enough.

+ Reply to Thread