Winch questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winch questions

Winch questions

Just picked up a 2022 Frontier 650. Wanting to install a winch but want to go a different direction than the Warne that the dealer wanted to put on. Are there any options?

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    If you have the mount you can install just about anything you want on the mount. If you don't have a factory mount, the machine being a new one, I personally would spring for the factory mount as opposed to making one or having it made. If you are handy at such things though you have options. My machine is an old one so really didn't mind drilling a couple of holes for one I built. But as far as the winch itself it is your preference. I put a 3500 lbs. Champion one on because it was on sale, have had other Champion winches that worked fine for me. Do your research and you can make a decision that way. You also have to factor in the amount you will use it, your price range, do you want cable or rope on the winch, remote or cable or dash mount controls. Lots of things to cloud up a simple(?) decision. Have yourself a good day and enjoy your new ride.

I agree with Laird, the factory mount is of a quality and appearance that would be difficult to replicate even for a skilled fabricator.

In terms of winches, I have used several Champion winches and they have been perfect. Don't rule out the other makes though, on a whim I purchased two ORCISH 4500 lb Steel from Amazon for about $130 each, they have a wired remote, and two wireless remotes, and have worked brilliantly. They are currently out of stock, but Amazon carries similar deals from other makers that look like the same winch, either with cable or synthetic rope. I do think that you'll need to go up considerably on the winch size for these overseas brands to get an equivalant capacity winch, that's why I bought 4500lb, which I think would be more realisticly rated at 3500lb or even 3000lb. Still, good value for the money.

Congrats on the new machine too!

Check out KFI winches. They have spare parts availability and are well made. Smooth engagement disengagement to gear box. Good winch .

+ Reply to Thread