Argos will go Anywhere. For a Price !!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argos will go Anywhere. For a Price !!!

Argos will go Anywhere. For a Price !!!

The maintenance & upkeep is insane at best. MERCY !!! The Go Anywhere Price is your Time, your Wallet, your Patience, & your Will ….. unless of course you are rich, take it to the dealer &/or you don't care ,,,, because they will keep going even when busted up pretty good.
    There is something wrong with everyone's Argo, they may or may not know it. Hope you don't find that out in some crap hole
    The only other thing getting near you, is another Argo, & wrenching in a swamp or snow bank sucks
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 01-03-2020 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Language

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoNewf View Post
    The maintenance & upkeep is insane at best. MERCY !!! The Go Anywhere Price is your Time, your Wallet, your Patience, & your Will ….. unless of course you are rich, take it to the dealer &/or you don't care ,,,, because they will keep going even when busted up pretty good.
    There is something wrong with everyone's Argo, they may or may not know it. Hope you don't find that out in some crap hole
    The only other thing getting near you, is another Argo, & wrenching in a swamp or snow bank sucks
    What models and terrain are you running?
    Are you having regular break downs or are you talking maintenance?
    How much time is on and put on the machine?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

There is something wrong with everyone's Argo, they may or may not know it. Hope you don't find that out in some hell hole
    Gee whiz! Sour grapes much? Every machine in the world needs maintenance...also there are “lemons” in all brands, not just Argo. They’re a unique machine with unique capabilities. Don’t like it? Get a wheeler.

2010 HDI (400 HRS), & 2006 Big Foot (390 HRS) . Both with extensive maintenance & service records. (i have wheelers as well) I agree, they are unique, in more then one way !!! Uncertain if i have sour grapes, or have come to grips with reality LOL or both LOL !!! My experience is no secret to many, but many resist voicing it. I need my Argos, nothing else will go to the places i need to be. So hopefully my sour grapes will ferment, & i can ease the pain in my rear with a drink LOL
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 01-03-2020 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Language

2010 HDI (400 HRS), & 2006 Big Foot (390 HRS) . Both with extensive maintenance & service records. (i have wheelers as well) I agree, they are unique, in more then one way !!! Uncertain if i have sour grapes, or have come to grips with reality LOL or both LOL !!! My experience is no secret to many, but many resist voicing it. I need my Argos, nothing else will go to the places i need to be. So hopefully my sour grapes will ferment, & i can ease the pain in my rear with a drink LOL

While these machines, any brand 6x6or8x8, do require more maintenance breakage is generally time, load, terrain, user or accessory (such as tracks) related. As your machines are 10 and 14 years old wear on parts by both yourself and the previous owners can affect performance and reliability of any machine.
    If you have not yet, your machines are at the end of the bearing and chain life along with seals if they both have 62mm bearings. The 2010 also had a driveline change after a short run.

Normally, even in my recreation only machines, when I get a new used machine I do all of the bearings, chains, axle seals and in some cases bearings flangettes so I start off with new drive components. Worse case could need some axles, sprockets or idler shafts. All of which can be assessed in a few hours for the confidence of returning with none of those issues ( barring track related issues or breakage), once repaired should last for generally 300-400 hours with regular minor maintenance such as grease, chain lube and chain adjustment.

As far as inspection you would want to check your axles for bearing play, any play would show the start of bearing failure. Play in a hearing is wear and just a matter of time to go from wore to broken.
    Chains at the end of their adjustment means wear, the further the stretch the weaker the chain and can wear sprockets rapidly.
    Sprockets that show wear can break teeth and cause premature chain life, worse case for these is always a breakdown with no further driveability.

Just putting a general watch list with this reply that end up here from post title.

Hopefully you have better luck with your machines as time goes by.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Haha! Happy fermenting!

Unique machine for certain !!! Argo has an awesome business (For Argo). TONS of money in parts & service !!! One of the unique features of an Argo is that. A problem can be 10 things. For example if it is steering right or left. It can be a minimum of ten reasons why. That's unique !!! Argos are awesome if you are bored, & have nothing to do. I actually like wrenching ,,,, but time to do so for myself is a problem. (i am a motorcycle mechanic)
    On a good note, all bearings done on the Big Foot, now to sort the veering to the right issue ,,,, maybe it is tire pressures, chains tight / loose, sprockets worn, brake sticky, a tire 1/4 inch bigger then the next LOL, ect ect ect ect ect
    Whose bored & wants to figure it out ??? LOL MERCY !!! Is there ever really a light at the end of the tunnel ? If so, not for long i'm guessing.

i guess even machines without chains breakdown and need maintenance . i'm not aware of offroad machines that don't have axles , bearings , motors , transmissions , etc. even dozers,bobcats , tanks , trackhoes , etc. break . even our horses need feed, hooves trimmed and shots . j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    i guess even machines without chains breakdown and need maintenance . i'm not aware of offroad machines that don't have axles , bearings , motors , transmissions , etc. even dozers,bobcats , tanks , trackhoes , etc. break . even our horses need feed, hooves trimmed and shots . j.b.
    Agreed, but Argo's are on a different level of maintenance. I own a quad, Side by Side, countless motorcycles ect, ect, ect , I am at the argos 10 times more then all the others combined. But i need the Argos,,,,,so the battle will continue !!!! There is a price to pay to go where others only dream of.

I wonder how the maintenance on a hydraulic only machine like the Hydrotraxx would compare to an Argo?

+ Reply to Thread