Sorry guys but I have some NOOB questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorry guys but I have some NOOB questions.

Sorry guys but I have some NOOB questions.

I just purchased two Hustler 950s I believe. One is pretty rough. Actually both are pretty rough. LOL One of my questions is has anyone bedlined a hustler before? If so what product was used? The other question I have is the better one of the two has a Honda 13hp Honda on it. I haven't had a chance to ride it because one of the gears are stripped out. How do you guys thing that 13hp is going to run? Is it going to be really doggy? The previous owner said it ran strong but I see everyone else on here running a lot bigger engines. Is there anywhere I can get a bigfoot top and bottom? Thanks a lot guys. This is a great forum and a great source of info for these things!!!!

If you put bed liner on the outside of the tub it will cause drag which isn't good. Also it will probably chip off because you can't really paint hdpe. The 13hp will work how well will depend on the gearing.

OK great. I was worried about it being a slug. I was hoping there was something I could coat that thing with. Its pretty ugly in the condition it is in. What about fiberglass? One of them has a few pretty major cracks in it. I guess if I have to I can always sandwich some aluminum plates on either side of it with this adhesive we use on boats called 5200. That stuff is absolutely incredible!!!

I also ordered all the inner and outer bearings from Buffalo today!!! Those guys were a great help. He knew exactly which ones I needed. I guess we must send them a lot of business. LOL One of my sprockets on the center axles is not only stripped but its super loose on the axle shaft and it looks like the hole is ovaled out. Any good recommendations on where to purchase a new gear? I think I might be able to weld that axle back and maybe redrill some new holes. Anyone done that before? Thanks guys.

Hi recon, sounds like u might want to invest in a plastic welder. search the site here. there's some good info about welding poly bodies. u can buy sprockets online. cut of the old 1 off with a die grinder and weld a new 1 on. good luck mike

If you have 2 Hustler 950's they should be poly bodies. If they are fiberglass they are probably and early hustler model or a sidewinder? You can paint fiberglass but not poly you can however use a heat gun to bring the poly back to life.

I am going to start another thread on here because I am going to do a full write up on a complete restoration. I am going to look into that welder but I seriously think one of the bodies might be beyond plastic welding. LOL

There is an alternative to plastic welding the HDPE. WEST SYSTEM | Specialty Epoxies - G/flex
    Here is a good video of their torture testing. WEST SYSTEM | Plastic Boat Repair - Kayak Massacre

The key to using it is all in the prep work....it will NOT stick if it is not preped right. WEST SYSTEM | Specialty Epoxies - G/flex

This is my own personal torture test http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-tall-tub.html I only have 55 hours on the machine, but I have not been easy on it.

Buggyman thanks so much for that link!!!!!! That just made my day!!! As soon as I get the first one finished I will start on the broken one and do a write up on that epoxie install. Thanks again for that info.

+ Reply to Thread