Tire Summary Data

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire Summary Data

Tire Summary Data

Hey guys,

I've just about driven myself crazy trying to make a decision on tires. This forum has a tremendous amount of information from those experienced with these machines. In fact, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of info out there. SO.....
    What do ya'll (a Mississippi word) think about building a data table to summarize the characteristics of the tire performance? I will gladly input the data into a spreadsheet and share it (Mike, can an Excel spreadsheet be posted here?).

I'm thinking the table will identify the following:
    Machine-Max II, Hustler 980 tall tub, etc.
    Tire-Rawhide III, Mud Bug,....
    Tire Size-
    Whether or not modifications were required for the tire to fit - spacers, tub mod, etc.
    And then a rating of how well the tire swims, muds, rides, and skid steers. The rating will simply be a 0 to 5 with 0 being the worst performance and 5 the best. Of course, the rating is determined by your experience.

What do you think? What important attribute have I left off?

delta dawg Guest
    I wish some body would. I am about to go crazy trying to decide what tire to go with also. One more to add on there is if you have enough ponies for the particular tire.

I thought about doing the same thing before I bought my rawhides xD
    I got the rawhide III's, love em although I don't have much to compare them to than the old set of bald carlistles.
    They swim damn good, I'm seeing about est 4mph at half throttle. If I get to splashing too much idk where the water comes from but there's a lot of it.
    My chubby friend and I got buried in a slough, but that mud was so soft and sandy if you would have stepped in it you would sink to your neck. It seems the treads would just throw the mud out, and there was enough left at the belly where we could t go forward but we backed out just fine..

About 3 hours of us floating around trying to find a way out lol

+ Reply to Thread