I live in Wasilla, Alaska and just purchased a slightly used 2010 diesel Mudd-ox with tracks, and the canvas cab. I am an avid hunter and have used ATVs for years and have pretty much learned the limits of what they can go over or through, but this is the first AATV that I have owned and I recognize how different it is and how little I know about how to operate one properly in challenging terrain. I have been a reader only of this forum for about two years now, as I have kicked around the idea of buying an amphib and have considered the Hydro Traxx and the Mudd-ox.

My brother in law purchased a used Hydro Traxxn out of Homer last year, matter of fact, Bubba Hunt, I think we may have purchased your old one.

I'm seeking advise from you experienced owners of a list of "don't leave home without it" items that I should obtain and take on every ride. I would also like a list of items that are handy to have if room allows.

Also, what type of chain lube and hydraulic oil do you guys prefer? Any help or tips would be appreciated and would speed up my learning process with this new machine. I would like to be able to ride with some of you guys if possible and play follow the leader so I could learn just what these machines are capable of and what their limitations are.

I intend to have an aluminum top built for the rear, mostly for light weight storage on top. Is it safe to haul fuel on a safari top or does it make the rig tippy in off camber situations or dangerous when crossing flowing water? Has anyone made an aluminum Safari top that fits over the canvas rear top and if so, are you happy with it?

I hope you guys don't mind me picking your brains, as I expect I will have many questions that most of you can answer and perhaps save me some heartache in the field or down time.