Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    My Max has the 25HP Kohler. As noted the exhaust is changed and there is a little work done to the governor. Other than that it is stock. The tires being 25" with the tracks helps ground speed but I have actually slowed it down with the smaller drive gears on the T-20. I think the CVT clutch might do a better job of transfering the power and locking into hi gear. This was the first time I have let the old girl rip and kept the power to her while spinning. It has been my experience that side load while under power is what will work a track off, or back on for that matter. They don't just pop off. Everything seems A OK.

Now, you guys think that was fast just wait till the Superchief is back together. In theory that thing should be scary fast.

Tim is also an avid user of his product. I think the Mud Nationals and preparation for the event probably is taking a lot of his time right now. He usually is pretty good about responding to emails and questions on 6x6World when he can.

Keith.
    Don't let Keith fool you, having a high preformance speed shop, I'm guessing that little 25hp Kohler is "bored and stroked" just a little. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Maskwa View Post
    I e-mailed Adair for some info on their tracks and have never received a reply. Are they another company that is typically very bad at returning e-mails?
    For me it is long distance to call and typically I am never near a phone during business hours anyways........... just wondering.
    The best of the best are always busy, I am going to take the liberty and give you the email for Tims right hand man,Mike, in case you can't get a hold of Tim. mike@adairargosales.com

Got through to Tim this time. You guys are right, very helpful chap. Thanks!

A short video of my Max IV plowing a little snow up around the house after clearing my about 1/2 mile long snow covered driveway with an ice base.

The fun thing about plowing with the Adair tracks is unlike with a truck, when you drop off the edge of the driveway it is no big deal you just plow it.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 02-12-2014 at 03:30 PM.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Made the trip to Adair Iowa this weekend. After all the discussion on the track threads about steel inserts and traction for extreme environments I thought I would give the Pro series tracks with winter kit a try on my Max IV.

The winter kit adds giant stainless steel cleats to the outside of the track.

I ended up removing the support rail and running 2.5" spacers with the new tracks. The rubber belting used in the pro series tracks is very tough and should eliminate some of the track/chain wear issues of my previous tracks.

I am excited to run these tracks in a month at the Swamp run here in Wisconsin. I just hope they don't tear up the yard, trailer and cement too much.

Keith.

Wow Keith, your machine and track system is absolutely awesome. I doubt that you will ever get stuck with that system. Time to head to Foxvalleys swamp to give them a real workout.

Well Dan, I loaded up the Max IV on the trailer tonight and am heading to Indiana first. If there is such a thing as too much traction, I have it now. Going to have Mudd-Ox install a 29hp Kohler EFI in it tomorrow. Will see how it likes that.

Keith.

right on!

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Well Dan, I loaded up the Max IV on the trailer tonight and am heading to Indiana first. If there is such a thing as too much traction, I have it now. Going to have Mudd-Ox install a 29hp Kohler EFI in it tomorrow. Will see how it likes that.

Keith.
    Wow. I think you are going to be very pleased with the power, torque and reliability of the 29 horse Kohler engine. I don't see another 6x6 beating that Max out any where but I think a little friendly competition with BigBucks Argo Frontier is in order to see who the 6x6 King is. Lee and I were in a constant competition to see which machine could outdo the other under different conditions that varied from log climbing to swampy watery mud, to mud holes without water. Sometimes we traded positions for top dog several times a day and had an absolute blast doing it.

Keith, once that Kohler engine is installed could you take that Max out into Matt's testing grounds and get some video of that machine going through some off the swamp areas? I would love to see how that track, engine and machine combination work.

http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/bi...8b2d6.mp4.html
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-12-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Enjoy!!, but watch out for water hoses, cement floors, trailer decks, power cords, lotion bottles and small children those teeth are sharp!!
    Kinda curious keith, you have been so against the Escargo metal design and now your using metal addons, how come???

Rock
    Last edited by rockrewls; 04-12-2014 at 06:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread