Steering levers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steering levers

Thanks a bunch, that gives me a starting point anyway...I'm gonna see if I can track it down over the net...again I can't say thank you enough...I'm lost tinkering with these machines...
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

Thumbs down

Well I drilled out an extra hole in the rod...it came out perfect!! the rods are up far enough to get full function of them....so I took it for a ride and now I'm in the doghouse for tearin up the grass....LOL (but it was FUN!!!)
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sal View Post
    Well I drilled out an extra hole in the rod...it came out perfect!! the rods are up far enough to get full function of them....so I took it for a ride and now I'm in the doghouse for tearin up the grass....LOL (but it was FUN!!!)
    Good to hear!!!

Best thing to do is run over the dog house, , then your good to go.

I'm just taking my time and trying to undo the years of neglect (I don't know how people use things and not maintain them ) it's a slow process but I'm gaining on it...

OK after spending much time on the internet I have finally tracked the belt down to useable part numbers..... I started with Gates 6040 (discontinued)traced that to a Dayco Max1034 (discontinued) then crossed to a Dayco HP3001 which I crossed over to a Carlisle Max1034M2 then which I crossed back over to a Gates 19T4300 which I purchased at my local NAPA for $45.00...the whole time I was going with the measurements of 43 1/16 (43.0625 X 1 3/16 (1.1875) Which also fit a 75-96 Ski Doo or a 92-96 Bombardier Elan snowmobiles....WHEW!! so if your looking for Gates belt number 6040 the new number is Gates/NAPA Trailrunner 19T4300

That is to wide isnt it?
    Last edited by LarryW; 10-03-2009 at 12:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread