Steering levers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steering levers

Steering levers

I have a small delema....when I sit in my Attex ST300 I don't have enough room between the control levers and the seat to be able to move the sticks back (I'm a big guy LOL) has anybody ever had to move the sticks closer to the dash? How could this be done? Figued I'd ask....I don't want to screw anything up...Thanks
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

I'm not a small guy either. The linkage between the sticks and the tranny should have a way to adjust that. Just decrease the distance between the two to move the sticks forward, not to much tho or your hands will be against the dash when pushing forward. Been there done that!!
    Attex, there is no substitute

There is a rod that hooks to the levers that goes back to linkage for the brakes, I was just going to drill a new hole so the sticks will move forward a bit, Ill see if it has an adjusment somewhere on it. ~Thanks
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

The Baker/Hill transmission should have adjustments on each of the rods that attach directly to caliper. If you can't get enough adjustment with that, then drilling another hole in the front rod is also an option.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Also make sure the pucks are adjusted. Less slope. And if your pucks are newer and you run out of adjustment with the rod,you can loosen one puck and tighten other side to change the stick location. (Loosing this side and make up for it on the other side)
    Hope to help

Got it...the pucks...what?? I definitly need to get a manual....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sal View Post
    Got it...the pucks...what?? I definitly need to get a manual....LOL
    Brake pucks. circular brake pads. There is adjustment for them with a jam nut and an allen wrench, think 1/4". When you get alot of slope in the sticks you can adjust those to tighten up the brakes/drive.
    Take care

You may not need this but may help with knowledge of the caliper. You can see the adjusters.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/aatv-...sassembly.html

Cool...I saw them in the tread about cleaning up the calipers...ok I can do that...I just need to move the sticks up a bit so I fit into it...LOL I'm still gonna try to score a manual or a copy of one...I need a drive belt also...you wouldn't happen to know any manufactures names and maybe a part number? I've been trying to track one down but nobody has a book that goes back as far as I need it. Thanks for the info....makes the project a lot easier when you know the little things going in....LOL

click
    May or may not help Maybe someone can cross referance.

Attex part #297-21-005
    Gates 6040
    Last edited by LarryW; 01-27-2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: added part# and belt#

+ Reply to Thread