Another Attex Racer Built

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Attex Racer Built

Excellent work, as always Mike! And by the way Lewis, I located some tires for you. Ashtabula will be here very soon.......I'm pumped!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Oh boy.....the Griffens with an Attex too! Things are really heating up now.
    Banned

Will this one have a Pinto engine in it too?

Wow Jeff,
    Looking great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Helped out the Griffin family over the weekend by bending a couple tubes up and shoe-horning them into a yellow piece of plastic. It turned out fairly well. I'm going to have to start deviating from the standard cage, but folks just like'm so darn much... It's an honor that people like them. I'm elated to help put another one on the track.

~m
    Why you Wascally Wabbits!

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Will this one have a Pinto engine in it too?
    I'm not at liberty to divulge a lot about the machine.... I just build the cages, and lend other structural advice.

~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I'm not at liberty to divulge a lot about the machine.... I just build the cages, and lend other structural advice.

~m
    Shoestring Hardtails? I LIKE IT!!
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Shoestring Hardtails? I LIKE IT!!
    Thanks George... It's not really a "business", more of a mantra.
    ~m

Today was another very productive one. I got a lot of the body work done, and tomorrow I'm going to be doing some patchwork on the crack below the muffler (this area seems to be the most common spot for 2nd gen Attex bodies to crack). After that, it's time to drop the frame in and start bolting everything up. I'm right on schedule for Ashtabula and I'm starting to get very excited!

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

So I was up late working on the racer and now its really starting to look like an actual machine now. I took my time, and I feel that I did a pretty good job repairing the crack under the muffler. My dad helped me lift the frame in in the body, and thanks to Don I have the correct chrome Attex decal for the Thunderchief on the grille. Tomorrow I'm going to bolt all of the axles, sprockets, and outer bearings in, put the engine and transmission in, and maybe even get some wheels on there so I can move it around a little easier. I also spent a good bit of time just staring at it and making engine noises.

+ Reply to Thread