Heating a Max II with Cab

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heating a Max II with Cab

Question Heating a Max II with Cab

Hi Guys

I'm new here.
    I have a Max II with the 23hp Kohler Engine. The heat the engine gives off
    is good down to zero out. After that it gets frosted up and chilly. I plow
    snow with it I need good heat. Anybody have any good ideas? Tried small
    electric heaters but not good enough.

Heating a Max 11 with Cab

I've got a 2007 Max 11 with the 23 hp Kohler and all I did was install two small 150 watts window defrosters.Has soon as the winshield starts to defrost I use the only the fans because the engine doesn't make enough current to run anything but the lights.

The golf cart folks have a small propane heater that fits a cup holder.

Question Max Heater

Thanks for the ideas.

I tired the electric heaters blew a fuse, can try turning them off.

the propane in a cup holder might be dangerous could get a grilled face.

How about a VW gas heater maybe? out of an old beetle. Might melt the body.

Anybody else have any great ideas?

Install a bilge fan from a boat store into the engine compartment and use it to blow hot air from the engine to the front of the machine through the sides of the upper body.
    That's the set up I have on my Max IV and it works pretty good on chilly rides, but I don't have a full enclosure to keep the heat in. My feet stay warm.

Thanks for the tip. I was looking at bilge fans, I tried a car radiator fan but too much cooling from out side it was mounted over the engine blowing air down and in. There its a lot of heat coming off the motor keeps the seat warm the fan can be use to cool it in the summer. Where did you mount it? Not sure where it would fit in a max II. I am going to try it on a max IV and Max II.
    Sounds like it would work great.
    Thanks again!!

Max II with a cab

I just bought a Max IV and as you can see in the pics, the cover goes over the engine cover to collect engine heat which is forced into the cab. I have the option of snapping it onto the forward side of engine cover for warm days. Seller said he could ice fish in his shorts.
    Attached Images

Hey Guy's:

I found a heater that runs on propane bottles at a army surplus store it has forced air and heat tubes runs on 12volts but it would have to be mounted outside the cab. I might try it should be able to mount it on the cargo carrier.
    Its maked for tents and ice houses. Wind might blow it out?

heating a MAX II with cab

Out of all the rider's out there, some one must have figured out how to heat the Max II. All ideas would be apprecitated. It's going to get cold soon lets get ready! need more heat.

+ Reply to Thread