Frustrated as hell!!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Frustrated as hell!!!!

I recently ordered a throttle cable and throttle lever from the last guy at RI. He was great and I received the cable fast and it came from Muddox in Indiana.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

Quote Originally Posted by xbunsenx View Post
    I recently ordered a throttle cable and throttle lever from the last guy at RI. He was great and I received the cable fast and it came from Muddox in Indiana.
    Galen is still in charge of parts orders as far as I know. He has been a part of RI for some time prior to Mudd-Ox taking over the brands. The good folks at Mudd-Ox are truly invested in the hobby in more ways than just money. Matt grew up having aatv's, created his own brand, and then purchased RI. I have had many conversations with him, and he has the passion and ambition to not only keep the brands alive, but to grow the brands, the industry, and the hobby. To do this, things will change from time to time. You cannot expect a new owner to run the business identically to how Jay ran it. Things always need to be changed, updated, and tweaked to make the brands all fit together in a logically for the business. This includes how parts are ordered and what is included. I would assume an axle assembly is the axle with the hub on it. That's it. I have purchased over 100 axles and never received any more or less than that. To assume any other parts are included without asking the question "what does it come with?" seems a bit off and would almost always result in disappointment. An axle assembly and hardware would most likely come with c-clips, spacers, washers, and a bolt but no bearings or sprockets if they offered an axle plus hardware package. To use the automobile example. If you order a dashboard assembly for you dodge truck, and assume it comes with a radio as well because it's in the dash, I guarantee you will be disappointed when only the dashboard shows up. However, there is nothing wrong with the manufacturer or the part. Most likely if you went on the web complaining about them not shipping your radio that fits right in the dashboard you ordered and you strongly felt it should have been included, Dodge still isn't going to send you a free radio. It's unfortunate that you did not know how the new axle was supposed to install and you have to slide it out and back in real quick, but we all have had our turns at putting things together at least 2 times and sometimes many more before we got it right. That's the wrenching side of this hobby. It is not for everybody, and even those of us who really like that aspect get frustrated with mistakes we make at times. The only real way to avoid ever doing something 2ce is to pay to get it done by a professional. That way when there is a mistake made, they are the ones pulling it apart multiple times not you. If you enjoy the wrenching side, ask questions on here prior to even calling and ordering parts. Our fellow members are more than happy to help steer you in the right direction.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

"WTF I ASKED WAS THIS EVERTHING I NEEDED WHEN I TALKED TO GALAN AT RI I GAVE HIM THE SERIAL NUMBERS OF THE MAX"
    .........i think the question he asked was not" A BIT OFF"..when i upgraded my 94 max to splined axels i'm pretty sure i asked the same question, " i want everything to do the upgrade except the bearings" and that is what i got the WHOLE 9 YARDS..
    AND WHEN THE RADIO WAS NOT IN IT I DIDNT GET CRABBY BECAUSE I KNEW I DIDNT ASK FOR IT..
    so yea sombody made a mistake, so WTF just own up to it and move on....

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    yea sombody made a mistake, so WTF just own up to it and move on....
    Exactly, no excuses. A business should very promptly get back to the customer to try and make them happy and solve the issue. Making it right for the customer will generate positive word of mouth advertising which will quickly spread and have a positive impact on the business, take no action and leave the customer upset and the results will be quite the opposite.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseemudbug View Post
    Okay so I have the verdict. ... we the consumers are dealing with a rather shrewd business and it seems that when it is pertinent to have information readily available to you by the "experts" their only logical response is to blame someone else ... in the corp we called this a Barney or "the purple dinosaur" .... okay I contacted mudd ox and learned that they only purchased RI and all the disfunction they are not truly experts in the industry ... I say that because when you have an expertise in something such as an industry that has a very narrow market and only a handful of products such as amphibious atv's do you would not only know the ins and outs of your own products but also those of your competition. Example if I had an hvac guy come to my house and on the side of his truck it read Carrier " turn to the experts " but yet I had a lennox air conditioner in my home and the guy says well I am an expert on carrier systems but let me look at how your neighbors air conditioner is put together and I can tell you if yours is right I would probably call his boss and say "hey" why in the hell didn't you send someone out here that knows what the hell he is doing. But either way I could go on all night about it. ...... so when I finally got through to mudd ox today no one really had a plausible answer for me other than we will look into it . Oh and that every part and piece and screw and nut and bolt and whatever else you order will be an individual peice.. well thanks for selling me the ham bone and no meat . I appreciate you sending me the car but no tires thanks for the watch with no battery I love getting a the lamp with no cord or theydoor knob and no keys the shoes and no laces ... when I orde an axle assembly that's what the hell I want dont send me no surprises . I mean give me a break I am the consumer not the "expert" but rest assured my friends that will change ..The wheels are turning and you will one day see something that no one ever expected.
    I normally do not respond to these threads because I am the owner of Mudd-Ox and Max and like to keep my post about vintage machines and trail rides to respect the no commercial post rules. I would like to fill everyone in what I see happening as the parts orders have been coming in. Jay was able to help most people with getting the correct parts for their machine and help retro fit / upgrade if needed because he had in his head all of the undocumented changes that Recreatives made over the years. There are many items even as simple as an axle that they produced two or three different styles, lengths, and inside bearing types but all have the same part number. There is no documentation what serial numbers had what style. This makes it very hard to help customers get what they need when the records are sketchy at best. For example, when the RIM was produced they started at a high serial number. The problem is now some years back the Max IV serial numbers caught up to the RIM serial numbers, and a customer will call saying they have a Max IV when they really have a RIM. The RIM looks like a Max IV but the drive train is very different. So know we have to make sure the serial numbers do not fall in that range. If they do we have to ask if it says RIM on the front or not. As I have learned about these issues I have asked Jay to help out and write down some notes on the history of changes and the odd ball items, but his notes are lacking. All of us here at Mudd-Ox are doing our best to help our customers out and keep their machines out on the trail for years to come.

Regards,

Matt

Let me start off by saying that every opinion is important and the fact that there are sites like this all over the web that allow you to express that opinion brings me great satisfaction . I can rest knowing that I made my own contribution to the preservation of freedom of speech by taking the oath to uphold and defend the constitution. Now with that said I started this thread to bring to light that I have not been made whole as a customer. I worked extremely hard for my money as many others do and I don't part with it without deliberation and thought. I didn't assume that the guy who took my order knew what I wanted that is why I gave him specific details on the problem I was experiencing as well as all available information on the specific piece of equipment I was experiencing the problem it is not my duty as the consumer to be an expert but only an informed consumerso when I make a deliberate statement "IS THIS ALL I NEED TO COMPLETE THE JOB CORRECTLY" I am doing that to avoid all confusion and surprises . So when the expert fails to deliver the correct parts and complete information they are therefore opening themselves up to intense scrutiny by the consumer . I never once said they are bad people I merely stated the fact in my interpretation through my experience. So if you want to leave your opinion please feel free to do so but before you bang the drum please put yourself in my shoes and think what if were you who had this experience.

For all those who haven't gathered from what you have read so far I am a straight forward no nonsense give it to me straight and hold no punches type of guy. I served in the Marine corp since 17 yrs old and was a hard nose run my Marines through the grinder E-7. I have multiple combat deployments and was injured in combat I nearly lossed my life but I also witnessed others lose their lives. I am not difficult to get along with but I take no **** and if you give me some expect it to come back 10fold I am coming . I have been on atvs all my life but just recently got into the amphibious scene and I am determined to collect a vast amount of knowledge from those who are willing to share with me. I am not looking to stir the pot its just my personality that when I see a terd to flush it. I look forward to getting to know a lot of you on this site and join in at some future venues when I know of some I can attend. In the meantime please feel free to contact me and inform me on anything that would be as useful information about amphibious atvs

+ Reply to Thread