Max ii or argo 6x6?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max ii or argo 6x6?

Max ii or argo 6x6?

Hi Guys
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but I have Max IIs and was looking for a nice Argo 8x8, but good clean and nearly new ones over here are rare and high price, dont get me wrong love my Maxs but only has 2 seats, but seen a coulpe of Argo conquest 6x6 and has 4 seats, are these better that the Max? same engine B&S Vanguard 18HP,but it has a green tube coming from the air filter? take it he has added it to the breather, poss blowing oil up threw the breather? not 100% on that.
    is the running gear same? any problems with them?
    Any infor would be great, never had one or drove one.
    Richie

An Argo Conquest will have a liquid cooled motor, not the Briggs. The Conquest 6x6 is basically a Bigfoot model with the Kawasaki motor instead of Briggs. I suspect you are actually seeing Vanguard models....they have smaller tires and were less expensive when new.

Modern Argo machines are well built, and in my opinion have a tougher body (thicker HDPE) and stiffer frame than the max models. I just don't like the transmissions.
    Here is an older thread with a couple videos that explain it.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...vs-t-20-a.html

I think you should wait to MIKE starts building argo's with t-20 in production mode. Then you get best of both worlds. I like the t-20 but have never driven a argo. They look super capable of anything thrown at them.

Hi Buggyman
    Thanks for reply and posting that, good reading and videos, think I will stick with my Maxs till I save for a good 8x8, yes it has a Briggs vanguard engine,the guy who is selling it said its a Conquest?
    Richie

If it is a Conquest, then the engine has been replaced.
    See if it has 25" tires. It should also have a name plate on the rear of the body side, but I suspect it will have the 22" tires and actually be a Vanguard

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for reply Buggyman, no plate, also blowing oil out of breather into the air filter,going to stick with my Max II I think.
    Richie

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Thanks for reply Buggyman, no plate, also blowing oil out of breather into the air filter,going to stick with my Max II I think.
    Richie
    Had a Argo Bigfoot that huffed oil into the breather was a cheap fix put in a new pcv reed assembly that is located at the end of the hose you speak,and no more oil in the breather,the Argo is a tough unit with a stout drivetrain don't dismiss it quickly,but local dealer for you should be of great interest,I have both a Max and Argo both have their strong points for me its a hassle with the Max as no close dealer.NCT

who is building Argos with T-20 transmissions? Haven't been in here in a long time..

Was just joking but MIKE the Administrator is building a awesome argo with a t-20. He has put a lot of fab work and has pics of the build.
    MIKES BUILD
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...enger-t20.html
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 01-11-2015 at 09:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread