Hustler models

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hustler models

Hustler models

I have read various articles on hustlers and still can't get the models straight. I see mod 900, 950 and 980 and some variants refered to as Bigfoot,Super Hustler and Deep tub unit. Could someone post a link to such info if it is allready up or shed some light on this for me? I'm still trying to figure exactly what the "440" I'm rebuilding is. Fiberglass top and bottom, not sure of orig. motor, distance between axle centers 29" front to mid, 27" mid to rear.I'll try to post pic's . well if you go to my profile gallery they are in there. Joe.

it is confusing isn't it

all I can tell you is that I bought a fiberglass Hustler in I think it was 1973 and it was my understanding, at that time, it was one of the last of it's kind. As the next production run was all plastic and that I could just wait a while and get one in plastic.

So if that was true then your tub has to be from that era or earlier.

Hey rustler, thanks for the reply. Did your unit come with a hand brake? What type of motor? T-20? Some type of nylon/teflon looking mat'l lining the tub under the front chakn area? Joe.

I don't remember

a hand brake or having a reverse, I used it in the flatwoods hog hunting and it served me well, but the particulars such as those are foggy now, LOL. It had a 2 cycle motor and would go go go!

Thanks rustler, yeah i'm prety sure 2 stroke was sop then. I heard they went 30-35 mph!

OK guys, I'm going to help clear this up as much as I can. Here is a thread about this from a while back:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl...er-models.html

And a lot of information can be found here in the brochures section of the site: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...bious-atv.html

So now as far as Hustler models go, it is now confirmed that there are 6x6World members here with the following:

Hustler (unknown model number, maybe 880?), the very first one made in 1969 or 1970, fiberglass body, Kohler 309cc single, jackshaft/clutch style transmission, jet pump option.

Hustler 880, fiberglass body, CCW 340 twin engine, T-20, jet pump option, available 21" Goodyear Rawhide tires.

Hustler 900, poly body, Kohler 440cc twin engine, T-20, 21" Goodyear Rawhide tires stock, jet pump option not offered any longer on any poly body machines.

Hustler 950, poly body, Kohler K341 single 16HP, and the later models had 18HP 694cc Briggs I/C twin engines (and possibly 16HP Briggs I/C twin engines), T-20.

Hustler 980 BIGFOOT, tall and very tall lower bodies, 18HP 694cc Briggs I/C twin engine, T-20. Both of the 980's with tall bodies came with 26" Goodyear tires, but the taller of the two tubs was made so you could run tracks right over the 26" tires.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks jp! i figured this stuff was here somewhere just couldn't find it.my unit is fiberglass w/ t-20. trans output is direct to sprocket tube on middle axle then to front and rear from mid. left middle sprocket tube has a brake disc welded to it. it is flanked by sprockets and appeares to be oem, interesting thing is that it partialy obscures a pair of axle bolt holes and another pair are provided however the axle only has one hole in it. also the caliper (which resembles ones i've seen on amf gas golf cars of that era) is bolted to a welded on bracket in a maner which will not allow the bolt to be removed making removal puzzeling. the hand lever is a std parking brake type lever but the rod to operate the caliper has been "extended". will post pic's of this and t-20 trans mounts made of angle iron and a cutting torch which do not resemble anything any respectable company would market. not sure how many previous owners or how motivated they where but i"m going to try to gather lots of info before reassembly so there will be many more ????'s. joe.

Yet another Hustler Model to add to the list...

Working on my "new" toy... Not to muddy up the water that is the Hustler line up, but I seem to have found yet one more. It has a Kohler k341qs 16hp four stroke, T-20, rear rack/front gun rack and 21x11x8 1st gen Rawhides (REALLY TORE UP). Near as I can tell there's no real difference between this one and your run of the mill 950, but I sumitt to you the 945-HK...more to come. FYI, any tips for a 1st time rebuild is welcome and needed.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by FarwestHustler; 03-29-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Very cool! Nice machine you have there, and I never knew there was a Hustler 945 until now........I certainly learned something new today. A Hustler with the T-20 and the Kohler K-341 makes for a a bulletproof driveline.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have that exact same setup. I would like to know the differences too.

+ Reply to Thread