Wiring Diagram help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Diagram help

Wiring Diagram help

I have posted a couple of times here and all have very helpful . Now I was wondering where I could find or if anyone has a wiring diagram for a early maxx II with the 440 2 stroke. I am trying to rewire it from the switch back. It will turn over and start, but the old wiring has several ends that do not connect to anything. I have the lights and a amp meter in ti. Thanks for all the help here guys.

What kind of 440 is in it? Is it the Kawasaki 440, Kohler, or JLO/Rockwell?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

kawasaki 440 2 stroke , here is where i am, I unwrapped the old tape on the wires going from the switch to the little box that bolts to the frame under the seat, and to the battery. It had a few wires that were not hooked to anything. After I took the old tape off, now my stater will not turn it over. I have not unhooked any wires at all. SO what I trying to do is hooked everything back up like it supposed to be. The lights, amp meter so forth and so on. Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks

maybe this will help also it is serial number 7838 on the body.

sorry about the extra post, but I want to give all the info I can to get so me help. Here is a little more info. The starter has 4 prongs marked D B C S. The little box under the seat has 4 wires, 2 yellow and a red and black .The 2 yellow are in a wiring harness going to the engine the are hooked to module bolted to the motor. The red and back are not hooked to anything the were running in the harness to the front of the vehicle. I know they go some where, just do not know where. Nothing was hooked up before I got it like the lights are the amp meter. I know there is some where are some one that knows more about this than I do. I just want to get it all back like it is supposed to be before i ride it..I think this is all the info that may be needed, so I will not post anything else, unless someone ask a specific question. Thanks again

Charging Ciruit:
    The yellow wires from the engine provide AC voltage to the rectifier box, The DC output is on the red + and black - wires. The red wire should go to your battery .
    Starting Circuit:
    Wire from battery to switch +
    Output of switch when in start position feeds 12V to solenoid.
    Battery connects to one side of solenoid.
    Starter connects to the other side.
    When wire from key switch porvides 12v to solenoid, the battery termianal of solenoid connects to termianl where starter gets connected.
    Killing Ciruit:
    Terminal of key switch gets grounded in "OFF" position.
    This wire connects to the engine to ground the ignition system.
    Headlight Circuit:
    Terminal on key switch goes to 12V when key is in "lights" position.
    Wire this terminal to headlights
    Ground the other side.
    Last edited by liflod; 06-04-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: messed up ammeter circuit so I deleted that verbage.

big help, could you tell me where the back and white wire go from the box under the seat? they were not connected, or maybe you did in the previous post. thanks for the big help

Are you talking about the red and black from the rectifier under the seat? Or the solenoid near the engine?

http://www.6x6world.com/images/jlo-t...-diagram-2.jpg

This may help. You definately need a 12volt test light or a voltmeter to assist you.

thanks this will help me

+ Reply to Thread