What was it?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What was it?

What was it?

When I was younger, about 30 years ago I remember my dad and I had a 6x6, however I can not remember what is was for the life of me. It had the two stick controls and would go forward and reverse with the sticks. It had a 2 cylinder fan cooled motor and was cool for doing donuts. And I remember it had “sheer pins” on the drive axels.

Does anyone have an idea what brand it might have been?

This is a very cool form and I would like to build a Springer something.

Sounds like a Sierra Trail Boss.

Look through the gallery or better yet, the brochure section and see if you recognize it: ATV Brochure Section

Here is a link to the Sierra Trail Boss brochure that liflod suggested.

I think liflod is right! I would love to get another one with tracks and use it like a snow-cat.

I should be picking up a Trail Boss when my shop is done. It has less than 10 hours use, its been outside under cover for the past 25-30 years or so and is missing the engine and transmissions. I know where to find transmissions for it. It's the machine that got me interested in them 25-30 years ago still sitting behind a friends shop. He used to sell them and ended up pulling the transmissions for customers and then the engine for my old Lockley. My shops still a month or 2 away, so keep an eye on the site. I'll post pictures when I bring it and the Attex 208tt home from his shop.

Very cool! I just love this kind of stuff!

Yooper; did it look like my avatar?
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

It was over 30 years ago, however I think it did. It was that color that someone have painted it a camo and it was flaking off.

Then it WAS a Sirra Trail Boss. (They were also know for their having 2 transmissions and no need to manually shift from forward to reverse.)
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

+ Reply to Thread