Argo tracks that swim

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Argo tracks that swim

Argo tracks that swim

This is a new tread about tracks made for an Argo that swims. This is great for people who want to run tracks in the mud, but have very little water propulion with other tracks.

These specially designed Argo tracks are very different when compared to the tracks that Argo makes for snow use.These tracks were designed to both swim and provide exellent traction in deep mud. Because these tracks are so much easier to turn , you don,t need bearing extentions to protect the axles on either end of the lower tub. These tracks were also designed to prevent chain wind up too.

These are the things that set them apart from other track designs on the market.

1. The open space between all of the track lugs ,and the smooth flat surface of each cleat enables them to sling off mud much easier than other track designs.
    2. The track cleats are an 1 1/8 " inch tall.
    3. Because the tracks cleats are broader at the ends , its much easier to turn left or right.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-25-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ARGOAVEN.../0/Gm5XcFsESvUI called the dealer (Adair Argo) and spoke with him about these tracks. They have been specialy developed by Adair Argo to do the following-Swim up to 5 mph on an Argo Frontier 8x8 and over 4 MPH on an HDI, they are made of almost indestructable industal rubber compound, they have 1 1/8 inch cleats, fit over standard 25" tires and do not require wheel spacers and on an HDI they sit 62 inches wide. If you weren't listening let me repeat, they swim, they mud, they don't over stress the axles and bearings like the rubber standard tracks, they turn very easily, and oh they give you an extra full inch of ground clearance. Okay, so what else do you need here. Welcome the new king of tracks and welcome to a new world for swimming and mudding. Very nice job Adair Argo, you've created a master here! Oh-14 1/2 inches wide!

YouTube - ARGOAVENGER's Channel
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 09-20-2010 at 05:52 AM.

This video shows how well these tracks turn and provide traction.

Last edited by mudbug3; 09-22-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Cool, I knew I saved my runamuks for something..

Mightymax's link will take you to Adair's youtube homepage, to the right you can choose "see all" videos. There's 6x6's and an older response with these tracks also.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

WOW---I have snow tracks but this is a whole new ballgame. They would surely be better than just tires in the snow. Does anybody know a price for Avengers?

I don't get it? they simply look like a modified version of Escargo tracks that have been out for years now and are simply laser cut pieces of steel attached with rubber, so what is all the hype about? or am i missing something?
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

What is the cost?

I believe that the price for an Avenger is $2700.00, but he gives deep discounts if they are purchased with a machine. Still no track extensions, easy on your machine and bearings, excellent in the mud and most of all, they swim in the swamps down here. Seems like they have a winner here that does everything very well. The extra inch of ground clearance on the Frontier 650 HD would proably make the Frontier the best all around mud machine money can buy. The quad boys are gonna flat run when they see a 650 frontier with these tracks. Also the Dealer told me that a Frontier 8x8 was the fastest machine in water because the tracks lifted the light front end 6-8 inches out of the water. All of this has got me completely rethinking every thing I ever knew about AATV's.

Eightwheeler, watch the video, escargo tracks swim, but not like this, These things are easy on the bearings and don't destroy your chains.

Heres a link to get more inforamtion on these tracks.

Adair Argo Series 8 Tracks
    Last edited by Mike; 09-19-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts (you can edit your original post ;)

[ QUOTE off of Adair Argo,s website ] 'Our tracks also eliminate the chain wind-up problems associated with rubber tracks which can destroy chain, bearings and chain tensioners in a few hours.They weigh approx. 160 pounds total and do not require the installation of the factory extensions. '

I,d love to see some of these lighter weight , swimming tracks on a Mudd-Ox. With some tracks that swim like this, and able to navigate nasty mud too, you,d have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-25-2010 at 01:02 AM.

What are you waiting for Mudbug, put them on your Ox and lets see the ultimate Quad killer.

+ Reply to Thread