09 Avenger seems too slow??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 09 Avenger seems too slow??

09 Avenger seems too slow??

I purchased a brand new 09 Avenger 750EFI and since new it gets up to 15 MPH in a hurry, then tops out there, you can get 16 out of her if you almost twist the throttle off!! Now I did not buy my ARGO for speed, but a friend bought the same machine a month or 2 before me (from the same dealer even) and he gets 20MPH as the manufacturer says. A call to my dealer and all I got was little concern and was told that some are faster than others.
    My issue is that 5 MPH from 20 is a 25% decrease in speed and believe me... makes a HUGE difference when riding together on old logging roads, I am constantly being waited on.
    Is there different tranny ratio's for the same model and year? Any Ideas?

I'd check the throttle first. Many machines come from the factory with some adjustment that is needed, the throttle may need to be tinkered with. It sounds like you probably have another 500-600 rpms that are possible. That should put you around 20 mph.

What tire pressure are you running compared to your friends and what tires do you both have? Was one machine set up for a different elevation than the other. I take it that you are both running in high gear too? Sometimes it doesnt hurt to start with the simple questions.

Have checked the throttle already, we are both running rubber tracks with 5-7-7-6 PSI. Both machines are EFI so as long as we are side by side there shouldn't be any elevation issues as the EFI will control that. Speed diffrence was the same before we installed our tracks as well. Have tinkered with the govenor a bit but can only seem to get more aggresive acceleration and it still hits the wall at 15. It pulls real hard up to there and then just cuts out, makes you move forward when it hits the limiter. Clutches are okay too. It seems that the governor on this unit is set to 15? Feels like it has plenty more to give just can't.
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

Ok, problem solved.
    A call to ODG and I discovered I have the 3.3 tranny. Lower ratio then the standard one, a quick check on my buddy's and he does NOT have the 3.3. Problem solved, less speed but handles the tracks a bit better. Would have been nice to know at the time of purchase that there were 2 diffrent versions available, but oh well still very happy with my ARGO. Now I can stop fretting about the speed !! LOL.
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

+ Reply to Thread