Craziest AATV Experiences

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest AATV Experiences

Craziest AATV Experiences

I figured that I would just get a thread going discussing the craziest things that we have all done with AATVs. One of my craziest times would have to be with the Max II "buggy" that my friend and I owned. The guy we bought it from put it all together. This thing was so much fun and it was extremely fast. It was powered by a 440cc CCW twin from a John Deere snowmobile. It was basically just a Max II frame with a fiberglass seat mounted to a piece of plywood and a piece of sheet metal over the front of the frame for the floorboard. It had a gas pedal rigged up on the floor instead of on the stick. We would take this machine down the road at 45-50mph and it would be very scary since there was no roll cage, no 5 point harness, and no plastic tub around you. My friend lived on a pretty steep hill and small 4 cylidner cars would go real slow going up the hill and we would actually pass them on the road up the hill. Now the machine has been turned into a well mannered, yet timid 16HP Vanguard powered stock Max II......and it actually has a body around it too.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

wow

um, wow! not much more to say! Is that you in there?

Dude...the orange jumpsuit makes it look like a prison escape vehicle or something!

AWESOME picture. You look like you're a member of Devo... I love it.

Jeff,

The Cop from the Village people called, said he left his helmet at your house have you seen it?

I was playing on a trail at the offroad park, and had to winch verticle! The trail was a triple black rated trail designed by an east coast jeep rock crawling team! The argo having a significantly shorter wheel base was at a dis advantage. There were about 5-6 inclines at about 80+degree. One incline was nothing but good old carolina red clay, like driving on ice! I had to shackle off a tree & back to the argo. I was unnerved at the 20foot tall incline, especially seeing that I have no cage!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Greasemonkey, that sounds pretty wild! I think that longer wheelbase vehicles like 8x8's definetley have the advantage when it comes to climbing steep inclines. Time to find me an Attex military 8x8 tank trainer and put some 22" Rawhide III's with a big V twin!

I dont know why I dressed like that when I was driving that rig, heck I never even heard of Devo before Mike mentioned them today. I watched some of their videos on Youtube. What the hell were people thinking in the 80's?! I have some good video of the buggy doing 45+ mph runs down the street with me wearing the sungalsses and orange jumpsuit. I might just have to edit those videos and set them to some DEVO song. Maybe I can include some footage of rebuilding 6 wheelers as well......kind of like this:

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The Devo thing is hilarious! That's the first thing that came to my mind too! Whip it good!!
    Mike

"Your friendly neighborhood junk collector"

I think Whipper needs to add the song "Whip it Good" to the next video of one of his springers riding out in the desert.

You're a real chick magnet in that zuit suit.

Whipper
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 12-18-2007 at 08:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread