1st attex build!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st attex build!!

1st attex build!!

I have been looking for a few days on this site for information for rebuilding my attex, and I think I have a few more questions.
    1. My machine says st295 on the side, so does that mean it is a wild wolf?
    2. I am leaning towards a 4 stroke briggs. Will the stock clutch work or do I need to modify it or change to a different one?
    3. What should I do for an exhaust system?
    4. Do I need to modify the engine cover for the added height?
    5. If I was to keep the original jlo engine, what am I looking at for price for a complete rebuild including carb and new ignition?

Any help would be great.

your machine was the model before the wild wolf. The ST machines were 6 chain where the wild wolf was a 4 chain setup. The beauty of the 6 chain machines is that the engine sits a lot lower. ( Unless you happen to have one of the hybrid frames when they were switching from the 6 chain to the 4 chain setup) a Vanguard will fit with the stock engine cover (just did this conversion on a ST-400 based machine today). The mount is simple to build too. you will need to change to a 4 stroke clutch. If you get a Briggs exhaust manifold from a Max II (you can get it from recreative) you can cut off the flex pipe portion and rotate it 180 degrees then re-weld. this will have it pointed right at the stock muffler. you will need to extend the muffler inlet to reach it. here is a shot of the mod in my Wild Wolf (note: your engine will sit a lot lower) Good luck with your build. Tons of experienced people around here, so someone should be able to help you with any questions
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ok that will get me started. Any opinions on which 4 stroke clutch to get? Should I get the clutch from the same place as the exhaust?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread