Fitting top on old argo 6x6-Wrangler hard or soft top? Anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fitting top on old argo 6x6-Wrangler hard or soft top? Anyone?

Fitting top on old argo 6x6-Wrangler hard or soft top? Anyone?

Has any one ever attempted to put a top on an old 6x6 argo from wrangler or CJ7/5? I have a soft top with the hardware & i was trying to match it up useing temp bars to see how it would fit & it looks like it is poss. to do. I'm looking for feedback

Hard tops are harder to find and ar costly. They are also a bear to install and remove. I would think that your soft top conversion would work, as long as you are confident with it. If it seems flimsy, try to reinforce it. One time through some trees or thick brush could tear the whold thing off. Happened to a friend of mine with his 8x8.
    Argo+2stroke Kohler=Failure
    I hate math

I just got a soft top for my argo bigfoot for free. i will be fitting it to my custom cage this week. I will post pics later when it is completed so far on a test fit it will work out nicely

this is a cj soft top to keep the rain and snow off windsheild next
    Attached Images

I've been thinking about mounting a marine bimini top simply to provide some shelter from snow and rain. They're very inexpensive and easy to mount.

Ever since I learned to use my sewing machine, I have gone nuts. I have a bernina 530. Today I made a kneeboard for flying with a clear vinyl window and a velcro leg strap with a bit of hardware. It is multicam 1000 denier cordura and nylon web. I have built snow cammo, insulated bibs, hats. mittens, gloves, toys for the kids, coats from old army wool and hudson bay blankets (ladies love them) I keep up on mending for my whole MEDEVAC team, and I sew on rank, insignia, hem pants. I have built a very nice cordura and wool hunting coat. My buddies got into it, one bought a visetti leather sewing machine, the other bought a bernina 530 just like mine. I even embroider my name on things, and I cut up lots of polar fleece into penguins and bears and horses with button eyes. This thread reminds me of all the stupid things I used to do to solve problems. You just need the right tool. A heavy duty old machine will power through this project in no time with fantastic results! Right tool for the right job time. (When guys out here call me a Sally for sewing, I smile. The next week, when the ass rips out of their uniforms, I smile even bigger)

just finished making my cage and installed my jeep top

should be the link to a pic

Looks good, and light to me. Good cage, not a rops, but a fine cage. I got inspired and went and got a bunch of nylon and clear vynil today. It's in multicam, by crye, very neat new pattern that is available.

I'm trying to fit up a full soft top with the rear & side windows for a 95 YJ wrangler. It has the form of being squared off & i think it would look good. I'm having problems with the hardware.

After this weekend at pine lake "Bud F." and all that rain, it maybe time for me to put my CJ 7 top on. I have a hard & soft top to pick from.

+ Reply to Thread