Wheel options...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheel options...

Wheel options...

Hi,
    I've seen a couple of different non-stock rims out there.
    If you have some, or have info:

- What brand?
    - Where from?
    - What sizes are available for the 5 lug bolt pattern?
    - Is the 5 lug pattern the same as Chevy?
    - " " "" "" "" " as a trailer??
    Thanks!
    I'd like to go to 12" or 14"... aftermarket quad tires look pretty radical, but I know the ride quality will be harsh...
    ---JIM---
    ---JIM---
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    (Mythbusters Fan )

I have been wondering the same thing they all talk tires but no one ever talks wheels, or were to find them.

I had a short talk with George about wheels, and lug pattern. I'm pretty sure they are gonna be 5 on 4.5", same as jeep wrangler, ford ranger, and most utility trailers!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Silverbullet ,

The 9 inch rims that Matt Oxender sells ,will fit either Argo or Max,,since both take a five bolt rim . This being said , I,m sure a 12 inch K rim ,, made for a later model Max IV , will also fit your Argo . This will open a lot of tire choices for you , when you go to a 12 inch rim . The best tires in 12 inch , for an amphib , that have fair water propulsion , are Mud Bug , Swamp Fox Plus , and the Terra tires that come stock on a Max IV , which is the fastest in water .

A Hustler that was on eBay had aluminum rims

This Hustler had Aluminum Rims

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/autom...bious-t-v.html

eBay Motors: Hustler 6 wheel drive amphibious a.t.v. (item 300195353481 end time Feb-07-08 19:15:00 PST)

When I asked the guy were did he get those rims he said they were ATV Quad rims.
    I am not sure who makes a five bolt quad rim or if the hustler is a four bolt but you can look into that market for a decorative rim.

ATV Accessories At Wholesale Prices
    http://www.nanxiashu.com/product.asp?s=7

http://members.aol.com/tractorpullin...ale/k_root.jpg

If you have a chunk of aluminum, a guy with a flow jet and an aluminum welder you could get your own made

Silverbullet75
    If you are selling your frontier tires let me know

Sweet! Put spinners on an 6x6 then ghost ride the Argo on you tube!

Last edited by Robio_8x8; 02-18-2008 at 02:30 AM.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

+ Reply to Thread