Another resurrected Hustler...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Another resurrected Hustler...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard85 View Post
    Stonewall, those are some pretty heavy duty lateral and trans mounts ya got there! I might just have to do a little patent infringing when the time comes...
    Feel free to use any of my ideas, that's why I posted 'em up!!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Stonewall...................How is the project comming along...Haven't heard anything in a while.....

Quote Originally Posted by turtlecrawler View Post
    Stonewall...................How is the project comming along...Haven't heard anything in a while.....
    Are you talkin about my project, or Hazard85's? This is his thread and not mine...

My project is over here---> http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl...ransplant.html

It's been slow the last few days because I've been distracted trying to fix this:

1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Oh in case you guys are missing the grab handles for the rear and the front, McMaster-Carr has those too. Forged Aluminum Dull Finnish Un-threaded Pull Handle Part# 1871A65 $4.74 ea.

My bad.........too much work.....not enough sleep .......I meant to say Hazard85...........lol

Well guys, here's an update:

I have gotten the frame ready for sandblasting. I used a wire wheel on an angle grinder on a few questionable areas, and luckily, it wasn't rusted through. I believe with some reinforcement, my frame will be just fine. There was one broken brace where the T20 mount is welded on.

Now, the project is on hold because something else has come up: a couple of weeks ago, my doghouse burned down because of an electrical fire (heat lamp shorted out). My dog is OK, but my Grizzly was parked right in front of the doghouse. It melted the plastic on one side, and cooked the RF tire. It needs new tires anyway, so I factored them into the parts cost, which is about $800. I decided to go ahead and fix the Griz before proceeding on the 6x6, because the Griz runs and drives, AND I'm still paying on it.

In the pictures below, you will see the remains of the doghouse flipped upside down, the melted Griz, and the broken brace on the 6x6 frame.
    Attached Images
    19?? Hustler 930 Frame-out resto in progress!
    2009 Yamaha Grizzly 350 4x4
    2003 Honda VTX1800S
    1982 Ford F-150 4x4 351W
    2009 Ford Ranger

Do I have too many toys?...NAH!!

+ Reply to Thread