First post and first MaxII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First post and first MaxII

First post and first MaxII

Bought a used Max II and replaced all chains and 1 bearing.The guy said it was a 2005 and gave me a 2005 manual.After calling the factory and giving them the VIN number they said it was a 1998. There is a little play in the other outside bearings. Leaks water through them. I was wanting to know what size bilge pump you guys are using.Thanks for your replies,Roger

Congrats on your max. Thats kind of fishy with the year/manual thing. I dont have a bilge pump so I cant answer that but I guess it depends on how much water you want to drive it. If you fix your leaks and dont plan on a large amount of time in the water I wouldnt worry to much with getting a smaller sized one but bigger is always better. I just play in the water few minutes at a time and keep an eye on if its leaking. But on the other hand even if you just plan on going for a few minutes and you have a problem getting out because of a bank or something you can run into problems with even a smaller leak.

Welcome and congrats! I also just got my first Max II a short time ago...mine was said to be a 98...turned up its a 94. I dont really think it really matters, as long as you have fun! once you get it out, your going to love it! i have had the most fun with mine so far and will always have a 6x6! I dont have a bilge pump yet, so cant help ya there...grease up the bearings that helps keep the water out

Thanks Larry and MikeyM ,yea the guy stuck me on the model but i love this thing.I drove it off in my pond yesterday and in 20 feet there was water up to my floor board where the sticks come threw.I thought the bottom was cracked but after checking water was pouring out of the bearings.

Replace all the bearings, make sure to use anti-seize on the axles when you put them back in. Goop it on thick and it will help to seal the between the bearing and axle, water will not degrade the anti-seize. Refer to Mike's video on replacing bearings on a max, its in the how-to section. As for a bilge pump, you can get it from the local walmart in the boating section. Kit comes with hose, pump, & wiring.

IF you can wait just a little longer for a bilge pump, I have been seeing them on Amazon.com way cheaper than walmart....but then again there arent that expensive at walmart, I think I priced everything for just about 30 bucks

Thats a lot of water in a hurry, Mine leaks a little, but not bad at all, after about a 20 mins of water time, I take in a quart or so....dont take offense, but both of your drain plugs are in right?

I have gone into a pond alot farther than that before seeing that much water.......And I forgot the drain plugs....ooops
    That's ALOT of water for a loose bearing or two. Replace all your bearings, reseal the flangettes against the tub and check it again. A small amout of water is normal, but it should be small. You should be able to cross a creek or pond with out having to drain the tub....just keep driving.

I agree with buggyman. That is a ton of water. I was playing in a creek without plugs and it was virtually dry inside after a few crossings. I would even double check that the bottom doesnt have a crack in it.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks Guys the plugs were in.I guess i need to jack it up so i can check the bottom ,put some water inside the tub and look for leaks.

One more thing,I was loading it on the trailor after two chains came off and was winching it up the ramps when the winch flew off. The guy had bolted the winch to the plastic with nothing behind the cover.Looks to me their should be a metal plate behind it to keep the bolts from pulling threw.

+ Reply to Thread