Easier Shfting Max IV?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easier Shfting Max IV?

Easier Shfting Max IV?

Curious if anyone has tried the spring loaded shifter rods that Richard is advertising. I plow snow and shifting between forward and reverse, seems to hangup alot. I changed the fluid in the T20, but made no difference. I am considering a set of these spring loaded rods, thought I would see if anyone has already.

Not sure what your linkage rods look like, but I just added springs to mine from hardware store and shiffting is much easyier.

making it split shifting solved all the shifting problems I had on my 2008 Max IV. well worth the effort
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

This is all I did to my stock shift linkage. works well. total cost about 5.00
    Last edited by demo61x; 02-01-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Curious if anyone has tried the spring loaded shifter rods that Richard is advertising. I plow snow and shifting between forward and reverse, seems to hangup alot. I changed the fluid in the T20, but made no difference. I am considering a set of these spring loaded rods, thought I would see if anyone has already.
    110 bucks from Richard's. some say this is pricey but it saved me frustration and time and wear and tear on t 20. works good. I recommend this type of shifter aside of doing a split shifter. You just have to make sure both side are fully engaged all the way before giving full throttle

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like I have got a bit of work to do to make this a better machine for my use.

I use a trick now while shifting - even when plowing.

When shifting into forward or reverse, pull back on the sticks a bit - most of the time, it will slip right into gear.

+ Reply to Thread