To washer or not to washer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To washer or not to washer

To washer or not to washer

I replaced a left side T-20 shift collar and noticed that there are no thrust washers on the planetary gears or elsewhere except for the two tabbed sun gear washers. I can see light rubbing where the gears spin against the retaining plate. Is there a way to know if washers are required for a particular T-20 series?

Did it look like there was any evidence of the T-20 being opened up by someone else at one time? If not, it's more than likely that there were never any thrust washers ever installed. I've gone through a lot of T-20s and some early ones never even had any thrust washers between the planetary gears. Maybe if you called Recreatives with the serial number on your T-20 they could tell you. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I had a nice chat with RI. Mine is so old that it did not include thrust washers. However I need to check the drum mating surface adjacent the planetary gears for excessive wear which is where the .030 in thick washers would go. The retaining plate face is harden and is less likely to wear as compared to the cast drum.

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of this. The folks at Recreatives are great and will always do their best to help you out.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread