1990 Max IV back seat has no leg room

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1990 Max IV back seat has no leg room

1990 Max IV back seat has no leg room

Has anyone made any modifications to the rear seat to provide more leg room?
    Thanks,
    TJ

I have cut the front back rest off of my max iv. Its soooo much better riding with 4 people that way. Although, when you are trying to go up hills its tough to hang on, so what I am going to do is modify just a small back rest for me on the driver side. I have pictures in my album of my max. I havent modified the seat yet for just a single back rest, but when I do ill post them. Check them out!

Thanks for the idea, I would love to see the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by TJSneed View Post
    Has anyone made any modifications to the rear seat to provide more leg room?
    Thanks,
    TJ
    I rode in a members max IV that replaced the front seat with a single suspension seat. most comfortable ride in the back ever. My legs could be straight and so could the other passenger in the back. the only downside is it becomes a 3seater.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I got a 22" long 1.25 x 1.25" piece of angle (2 pieces) to make somewhat of a makeshift track so I could position the rear seat from the stock location to as far back as possible. I pulled the rear seat and layed the track down upright and inward towards the inside of the tub. I cut off the piece of angle that is right behind the rear verticle tube support for the seat (on both sides). This allows me more room to slide the rear seat back. Then, after some measuring to see how far back I could get the seat w/o touching the engine, I drilled holes right through the angle and the verticle bench seat supports. I use clevis pins to hold the seat down to the tracks and I bolted down the tracks to the frame.
    I put some black tie-wraps on the clotter pins to make pulling them out a snap. It makes taking out the bench seat soo much easier.

The drawback to all this is that the poly floor is now way too short and the rear engine cover doesn't fit.
    I ended up making my own floor and engine cover out of plywood.

Thanks for the ideas. I think I will try to move it one night this week.

TJ

Here is my max with out the back rest in. Sorry not the best picture but all I had
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread