Clutch questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clutch questions

Putting the trans in the center may give a little better balance, but at 70 lbs, it wont make that big of a difference. Your 440 kaw motor probably doesnt weigh that much either......and what are we talking, 6" to center it???? Not a big deal. Driver seat position means much more than that.

The Kaw is around 60lbs....I never weighed it to get the actual weight...yea its about 6 inches to center...the original drive train had an extention shaft on it too, with the transmissions being on either side and the clutch setup running in the middle...having two molded in bucket seats, unless I cut them out, I'm kinda stuck with one side or the other...I'm afraid that removing the seats will weaken the structure of the top half of the body....I'll get this figured out...just gonna take me some time and a lot of stupid questions and research...I've got the basics....now I have to put them together and make them play nice...lol
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

Ok...I got the other Salsbury clutch off the parts engine...here are the pics...

the clutch on the right is the one I just pulled off and is a bigger unit than the one I was going to use...

Here is a shot of the inside....

It says Salsbury Torque Converter on the fixed sheath....can anyone ID the model? Is it rebuildable?
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

Great manual....I also found a thread on rebuilding them...it looks like a Salsbury 910, I got it apart and eveything is in good shape....just dirty, although the rollers are rusted....I got them freed up but 2 are still pretty stiff....do they make replacements for them?

Clean the inside and parts with a wire brush and lube the rollers.
    If the springs are not broken reuse them and get the rollers so they spin easy.
    It should be ok for a test drive to see how the rest of it works.

I'm just going to get some NOS rollers off eBay, for $30 bucks they ain't worth messing with...lol...I'm going to use this clutch as my primary, all the other parts look to be in decent shape....just needs a good cleaning...all the springs are fine so I'll reuse them too....

+ Reply to Thread