New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Patenteux assembled my tracks and they are shipping on Monday, i've planned to install them next Thursday, but most all the snow melted here yesterday (+8 celcius and rain) but i will still give you some feedback when i get these on the old Conquest. Cant wait!

The steel grouser has me curious. My pal has the rubber tracks and when he went ice fishing he encountered some flood water on the lake. The ambient temperature was -23C and the only issue he had that day was the metal joining hinge kept icing up enough to cause a huge thump on the tub of the Argo each rotation. Once he heard this ( every 10 minutes or so) he would jump out and bust the ice off. So this go me thinking about the whole steel grouser thing....anyone ever experience this with the Escargo or Channel tracks?

I didn't have the chance to try any of them but the video we see with the escargo in slush, ice and snow doesn't seem to have any issues with there grousers. The chanel track are made the same way. The ice doesn't pill up like the rubber tracks that doesn't clean themself. The adair track also cleans very good and I don't think they have issues with ice build up.
    I've talked to patenteux with his chanel track and he never mentioned any issues with ice build up and stick on the grousers.
    Jack

Hi all!!! Got the tracks on today. Everything as promised by Mr. Marcel (Patenteux), not much snow here but had 25-30 minutes to try them out in light snow covered steep ditches and they climbed these in a heartbeat! And they turn on a dime! Not sure how to post a pic yet... will have a video in a couple of weeks, leaving shortly for a business trip so not much time on my hands. BTW Patenteux was kicked out of the french (sentier6x6) site , for not wanting to spend money because he is just starting out so if i shouldn't be showing any pics or giving out any info here can i have an admin chime in please??? I think Marcel could have a track system that many of us can appreciate, i took a chance and bought them now, but i also think before asking this person to be a site sponsor we need to give him a chance. Dont you?? So if someone can confirm my thoughts and tell me how to post some pics, I WILL!!! lol Thanks guys

-load pics onto your computer, downsize them to 700x700 (I'm guessing could be 600x800 or 500x700)...somewhere in that range
    -reply to this thread
    -when your quick reply box opens, select "go advanced" in bottom right corner
    -scroll down and select "manage attachments" in middle of screen, this will open a new smaller window
    -select "add files" in upper right corner
    -hit the "browse" button to pull the picture from where you placed in on your computer
    -hit "upload", picture will eventually display itself in the upper row of window
    -drag picture to the lower row of window where it says "attachments"
    -hit "done" in the bottom right corner of window. This window should now go away, leaving the original window open.
    -hit "submit" on your original window. The entire reply including your text and your added pictures should post to the thread.

If I missed anything, someone please let me know...or if their is a better way.

Thanks for any info you can provide Tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    if i shouldn't be showing any pics or giving out any info here can i have an admin chime in please???
    You can post all the photos/videos, reviews, whatever, that you like. What you can't do is promote your own product or act as a proxy for promoting a product. In this situation, those don't apply to you so post away.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If I missed anything, someone please let me know...or if their is a better way.
    That covers adding attachments. The other way is just to upload them to the gallery and link them in this thread. The gallery will do the resizing automatically: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html

Thank you very much guy

Patenteux

First picture of Chanel Tracks

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hope this works

Here are all the pics i have for now, more to come!!! Let the testing begin!!!!!!!!!!!! MOOOUUUUHHAAAHHAAAHHHAAAAAA!!! lol

I'm not knocking this track system or anyone but the inside of the track looks very close to the tub and may cause a proble over time, I would add an extension to be safe. The metal grouser end especially if there is some twisting of the track coul do some real wear. When I first mounted my argo supertracks with extensions I noticed I still had a couple of inches clearance and wondered why use such big extensions? I was thinking of getting some from Adair at a smaller size and it was Tim that pointed out the possibility of track twisting and rubbing the tub. I am always concerned with overall width as my shed is narrow and my trailer also. I'm sure Tune sees the same and I just wanted to note and not knocking anything.

+ Reply to Thread