2013 Mudd-Ox Turbo Diesel 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mudd-Ox Turbo Diesel 8x8

2013 Mudd-Ox Turbo Diesel 8x8

I wanted to post this in case anyone was wondering.

I wish I can give some more input but it’s too early. I agonized over this decision. And with the help of this forum, I made this choice.

One of Matt’s coworkers, Billy, delivered my Mudd-Ox Saturday morning. I had it out two times since. I driven just about anything that burns fuel and drives on land, and I can say that this an impressive ride.

I found Matt very helpful and always available via cell phone or email. I know most would say that he’s selling you a machine, of course he’ll always be available. For what it’s worth, he was just as helpful after he received payment. And they delivered the machine as promised.

I really like the fact that I can talk to the designer. I’m the kind of person that has to modify everything, so if Matt doesn’t mind, his input will very helpful.

After two rides, totaling three hours, I can say... This machine is a real stump puller. It’s noisy, though the engine is very quiet. I think the quietness of the engine makes the hydraulics seem even louder. I own a lot of hydraulic machines and I'm sure the colder weather makes this machine louder.

I have a thousand questions, but I’ll see if more drive time will answer some before I start.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

Frank

Congratulations on your new Mudd-Ox purchase. What a great Christmas present. Please keep us informed on how it performs for you and remember we love pictures and videos.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

congrats buddy on your new machine. The diesel really transforms the mudd-ox. While a gasser can be made to work very very well, the diesel really makes the mudd-ox what it should be, and sips fuel while doing it. The heavy towing and climbing expeditions actually become practical.

Pencil in some vacation time on your calendar for one of the group rides....you won't believe how much fun it will be

Trail Rides, Clubs and Events

I would suggest hitting both of these:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...-7-2013-a.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...tml#post134611
    The racing weekend is not all races, it full of trail riding, talking with other 6x6ers, telling TRUE stories, and small amounts of alcohol. Here is from last year http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...ts-2012-a.html

That is a very nice machine you have there, I would love to see some pictures and video of that machine in action.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    That is a very nice machine you have there, I would love to see some pictures and video of that machine in action.
    Yeah, this! Been contemplating this...

I have a 2012 with a powered up diesel, low gears and tracks. What an awesome machine. Did you get tracks or other options?

Thanks for your post Im looking forward to reading your updates

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jeep View Post
    I have a 2012 with a powered up diesel, low gears and tracks. What an awesome machine. Did you get tracks or other options?
    Yes, low gears and 20” tracks.
    I get to take a 45 min loop around my property about once or twice a day.
    I’m just learning how to drive it. Since I’ve used skid steer machines in the past, ripping down the trails wasn’t the issue. I can steer it ok. It wasn’t until after Matt directed me the website for the hydraulic pump package he uses, that I learned how to climb steep hills while weaving through trees.

It’s hard for me to explain the concept, but it’s like having a transmission with no gears. When the sticks are only moved a small amount, the torque is high as if you’re in first gear. And when the stick are at max, you are in high gear with low torque. So the first thing I had to wrap my brain around is, if you need more power while climbing or tight turning, back off on the sticks. I’m sure you guys already know this. Any skid steer machine I ever used didn’t go over a few miles an hour, and only had one speed.

The other thing I’m still out on the limb on is the dash mounted throttle. I’m not sure if having it on the stick would be better, but I guess it depends on the driving style we do.

I’ll send photos as soon as I can get someone to take them.

Frank

Frank, that is really very interesting. I guess I did not really know exactly how the Mudd-Ox operated other than it had joy sticks an hydraulics. Your explanation is very good and makes me want to take a trip to the Mudd-Ox mecca and take a test drive myself. (that and I hear it is full of vintage 6x6s)

Thanks for the update, hope you can get some pictures or video in the near future. Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread