Mud Buster Tire Question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mud Buster Tire Question

Smile Mud Buster Tire Question

I am still looking for the tires for the Terra Tiger. I stumbled crossed this tire called a "Mud Buster." Has anybody had any experience with these tires on a 6x6? Will they work well on my Terra Tiger? They do have that knobby tred on the outside but it doesn't touch the ground while skid-steering. What do you think?

I have Mud Busters on my Argo 8x8. They are excelent in mud. That don't swim very good but they do swim a little bit. The way they are made they swim just as good facing front as they do back. I don't think that the knoby outside effects turning. They are also pretty cheap, I got mine through Dennis Kirk. All in all I like them and they are one of the best tires for the price. Their only downfall is their water speed, if you plan to spend a lot of time in the water, want water speed, and can afford tires made for amphibs maybe look into Rawhide IIIs or Runamucks. But if you plan on spending more time in mud the Mud Busters will work for you. I think that the Mud Busters are better in mud than any amphib tire.

Thank you

Mud buster

I would rather have the Swamp Fox plus, not a great swimmer but will swim about 1 1/2 mph with V's forward, backward, forward. I also think they are better in the mud than the mud busters. They are also a very tough tire that has probably run over more than a hundred cypress knees with out a flat! All of my video except Doles, Gutches and my time out with Heath were filmed when I had Swamp Fox Plus tires. They speak for themselfs. I had fewer problems and got stuck less with the foxes than with my current configeration in which I added vampires to the mix! Last time I was in the Richmond Hill swamp the water was down and I was able to see what my Foxes had been swimming and skimming over all this time. Thousands of cypress knees. If I can get out there again I'll take a picture because just looking at all those sharp points scared me half to death!!!!!!
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-22-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Ok, mostly I'll be on solid ground and a little mud, so I'm not looking for a tire dedicated to just one type of terrain. Do you know if the Mud Busters will absorb shocks at all or will they give me a rough ride?

The Mud Busters will absorb some shock. I think they ride nice. They will absorb just as much shock as any non amphib tire. The max psi on the Mud Busters is 5psi. I normaly run 4psi and don't have a problem with shock.

Do you run beaded or non beaded rims?

By beaded do you mean beadlocks? I have the Mud Busters on the stock 1985 Argo rims. At first I had a few beads break, but it was no big deal I would just pump the tire up to 20lbs to reseat the bead. I decided to try Slime, I bought the big jug and put the reccomended amount in all eight tires. It was amazing, all eight tires will hold air for months and not drop 1psi, and I haven't broken a bead since. I don't think you will have a problem with the beads.

I'll be running non beaded rims. Will the tires fall off the rims?

Inner tube rims? or no bead locks?

Quote Originally Posted by charlevoixboy View Post
    I'll be running non beaded rims. Will the tires fall off the rims?
    Does the Rim seat the bead at all?
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

+ Reply to Thread