'85 8 I/C resto, finally got it all a part.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '85 8 I/C resto, finally got it all a part.

Cool '85 8 I/C resto, finally got it all a part.

Finally got the last two axles to give up the bearings yesterday and got the frame removed from the tub.

I guess the previous owner's method of oil change for the Kohler was pulling the plug and draining it in to the tub (found a 1/4" drive socket stuck to the oil drain on the Kohler) . What a mess. 18 years worth of oil changes in a goopy mucked slime state.

Waiting on a few parts still, then the rebuild begins. Yeah.

Cheers!

Ken

I'll watch this one, it's the same machine as mine (I think) 85 8 wheeled I/C K 17 ?

all the info you guys need is in my thread..http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...-what-lol.html

Yep,the same. I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Very nice Alaskan brother!!! Keep us posted. U may want to extend the front frame rails and put hdi axles in front.....

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...ll-others.html

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    Very nice Alaskan brother!!! Keep us posted. U may want to extend the front frame rails and put hdi axles in front.....

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...ll-others.html
    Oh man, the boss is already beating me up on how much I'm spending on it.

The left side front was keyed, so I'm keying the right front side too.

The rest I'll keep as shear pins and carry a hammer, long punch and pins in the field.

I'm going with the "newer" style of keyed axles on both front corners because of the thicker flange.

Keeping everything close to original.

The only thing I haven't found yet, is a fullskid plate. I've got a nose skid only. Now that everything is out of the tub and cleaned up, I found some holes and cracks in the tub to weld up. Guess the 5 gallon bucket of crud I got out of the tub was keeping it sealed up. May end up building a skid like plott did if I don't find one.

+ Reply to Thread