14hp vanguard and p85 clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: 14hp vanguard and p85 clutch

Threaded View

14hp vanguard and p85 clutch

Hello all. This is my first post. I went and picked up my 1st 6x6 yesterday. It is a terra tiger. I'm not sure of the model number. I came across a video on you tube where the guy said if the hubs were welded on that it was the smaller of the two sizes. Mine are welded on but some sort of conversion has been done. It has 5 lug wheels on it and carlisle tires. The original motor was gone. They gave me a 14hp Vanguard with a tapered shaft. My questions are 1) will the p85 clutch fit this tapered shaft. 2)Is the p85 clutch large enough for the original driven clutch? 3) Should I just sell the little motor and get something like a Rotax? I'm not looking for speed. Well maybe a little.

Oh yeah sorry if this has been already discussed. I looked over the forums but didn't really see and answer.
    Last edited by michael496; 05-22-2013 at 09:48 PM.